Groups

London stay

Can anyone recommend accommodation in london(last minute) that includes parking as we're driving down. Hoping to be as near to madam tussards as possible as not a lover of underground with a baby but were willing to work

22 Comments

hope you mean walk

Original Poster

Haha suppose it could have been worse

Whats your budget

Rubens is fantastic right facing the palace.

Could you not stay outside London then drive in on the day? We took our young one to London and stayed at Heston service j4 m4 as been there many times over the years. Really quiet and cheap travel lodge. We then drove to the nearby tube at Hounslow. There is a back way out services avoiding m4. Tube parking was £8 all day ish. You need to do something similar but nearer tussards I guess. Maybe bus it or walk then? My answer is not good but hope others pitch in with better information. Look up travel lodge or premier inns near tussards and work with that

Are you only planning to just goto tussards or anywhere else as tussards is only 2 minutes away from baker street tube station

Original Poster

wayners

Could you not stay outside London then drive in on the day? We took our … Could you not stay outside London then drive in on the day? We took our young one to London and stayed at Heston service j4 m4 as been there many times over the years. Really quiet and cheap travel lodge. We then drove to the nearby tube at Hounslow. There is a back way out services avoiding m4. Tube parking was £8 all day ish. You need to do something similar but nearer tussards I guess. Maybe bus it or walk then? My answer is not good but hope others pitch in with better information. Look up travel lodge or premier inns near tussards and work with that

That's an idea, I just don't fancy the tube with a baby as we also hate lifts and from pass London experience we won't be able to get on the escalator with the pram x

Original Poster

archer1204

Are you only planning to just goto tussards or anywhere else as tussards … Are you only planning to just goto tussards or anywhere else as tussards is only 2 minutes away from baker street tube station

Just tussards really, before the new baby came we did the eye, palace, ducky tours etc.... So hoping to just potter around tussards and maybe walk to zoo or anything else in that area x

vickibrockwell

Just tussards really, before the new baby came we did the eye, palace, … Just tussards really, before the new baby came we did the eye, palace, ducky tours etc.... So hoping to just potter around tussards and maybe walk to zoo or anything else in that area x

Ok whats your budget

If your budget is fairly high, the Hilton Metropole at the junction of Edgeware Road and Marylebone Road is ideally placed for Tussards, has a private underground car park and is opposite a tube station. the rooms are big by London standards and there are often offers on the Hilton website for this hotel. As a bonus, it has a bar/restaurant at the top of the tower block giving fantastic views over London.

Original Poster

archer1204

Ok whats your budget

Was hoping to pay about £140 as its midweek x

vickibrockwell

Was hoping to pay about £140 as its midweek x

Just had a quick look you should get a nice room for that price have a great time

Original Poster

archer1204

Just had a quick look you should get a nice room for that price have a … Just had a quick look you should get a nice room for that price have a great time

Thanks which area?

How about Novotel or Hilton in Wembley? Not walkable, but Baker Street is a few stops on the Met line and it's mostly overground (Wembley Park station has lifts and no escalators). You can even squeeze in a tour of the stadium.

Edited by: "tempt" 29th Aug 2016

Original Poster

Great it's something I'll look at, I'm not familiar with London transport but guessing Wembley to Baker Street is easy

vickibrockwell

Thanks which area?

The usual sites are hotels.com normally get a discount for the app etc or try booking.com then if you find a place have a look at the reviews on tripadvisor etc but just be wary of the reviews and just use them as a guide.

Original Poster

I've had a good look through booking.com it was trip advisor reviews that put me off ha x

vickibrockwell

I've had a good look through booking.com it was trip advisor reviews that … I've had a good look through booking.com it was trip advisor reviews that put me off ha x

Post which ones you found so far which you rejected

Original Poster

archer1204

Post which ones you found so far which you rejected

It was mainly the ones on Sussex gardens?

I've manage to get Novotel in Wembley for £60 using Accor Monday offer, well I've not booked yet but that seems reasonable with ncp parking for about £3-5 for 24 hours

vickibrockwell

It was mainly the ones on Sussex gardens?I've manage to get Novotel in … It was mainly the ones on Sussex gardens?I've manage to get Novotel in Wembley for £60 using Accor Monday offer, well I've not booked yet but that seems reasonable with ncp parking for about £3-5 for 24 hours

For london thats a great price is breakfast included with that

Original Poster

archer1204

For london thats a great price is breakfast included with that

No breakfast with breakfast £89

vickibrockwell

No breakfast with breakfast £89

Yeah ££££ for breakfast well if you go for it have a great time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions