London theatre show - Mamma Mia or Wicked?

Posted 5th Nov
Want to treat my Mum to a theatre show in London (never been before!) - stuck between Mamma Mia at the Novello Theatre or Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre.

Has anyone been to these? Which theatre and which show would be better for a first time?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Why not ask her which one she’d rather see (or are you wanting it to be a complete surprise)? I suppose a lot of it down to which she prefers, the music of ABBA or the story of The Wizard Of Oz.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 5th Nov
Haircut_10005/11/2019 20:45

Why not ask her which one she’d rather see (or are you wanting it to be a c …Why not ask her which one she’d rather see (or are you wanting it to be a complete surprise)?

Exactly that.. it's going to be a surprise. I don't think the story matters as she'll enjoy them both. I'm looking to find out which Theatre experience will be better.
Edited by: "gsj87" 5th Nov
I thought Wicked was excellent. Probably the best show I’ve seen (I’ve not seen that many to be fair ). I went to it for the wife and kids but was brilliant and enjoyed it far more than the wizard of oz. My wife is banging on about mamma Mia, but I can’t stand ABBA. I doubt you’ll be disappointed with either to be fair.
gsj8705/11/2019 20:46

Exactly that.. it's going to be a surprise. I don't think the story …Exactly that.. it's going to be a surprise. I don't think the story matters as she'll enjoy them both. I'm looking to find out which Theatre experience will be better.

Factor in the cost though, Wicked can usually be found at a discounted rate for certain performances. Mamma Mia is always full price.
Theatre experience will be the same for both.
In my opinion goto wicked as we been been too mama Mia an there was no atmosphere!!
I watched wicked. I love it.
Use Theatremonkey.com to see what's the best valued seats to purchase for any given show/theatre
Edited by: "OllieSt" 5th Nov
MAMMA MIA... definitely imo... But does she like ABBA?
I really enjoyed wicked over mamma Mia.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants