Groups

London Theatre + Train + Hotel (1 night / 2 people) for £450. Is that a good price?

I'm planning to take my other half to London for one night to watch "Les Miserables" or "Mamma Mia" or any other good play, if cheaper.

We are leaving from Exeter to London, stay one night (Sat) and retuning next day Sunday.

The best prices/seats/hotel are around £450 in total, 2 people.

Is this the average price or too expensive? Should I be able to find cheaper deals? Any tips or recommendation, please?

14 Comments

Not sure where you are getting your price from, but have you tried Superbreaks
    superbreak.com/sea…f31
    I have used them a few times before , quite handy if you want hotel, rail and theatre tickets all in one package. If you can't get exactly what you want on the website, try calling them as they are very helpful .

If you booked all the parts seperately you may be able to save more, eg theatre tickets from last minute.com etc, pre booking rail travel a quick search gave me two return tickets for sat/sun mid September for £127. Depends on the hotel quality, if you want breakfast included etc.
    Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 30th Aug 2016

Yes you should be able to find alot cheaper but it might take some work

Don't necessarily stay in centre/west end either. Look for hotelslightly further out and cheaper. Tube is running all night now on certain lines.

seems expensive all depends how much theatre tickets are. I went on 19th with daughter and girlfriend and we payed just over £200 for a Friday night came back Saturday evening. was lucky with virgin train sale I suppose aswell. stayed premier inn Waterloo by London eye was half the price for the Friday rather than Saturday.
    Edited by: "jarvist1980" 30th Aug 2016

Original Poster

OK. We are planning to watch one play only. I haven't tried booking everything separately yet, might save a bit more by doing that. Thanks for the help and links.

I'm going to research a bit more

Original Poster

Does anyone recommend any websites that offers good deals/service (has used before) so I can compare prices? I've seen a few on Google but never used them before. Superbreak seems good.. Any more?

Otto.uk

Does anyone recommend any websites that offers good deals/service (has … Does anyone recommend any websites that offers good deals/service (has used before) so I can compare prices? I've seen a few on Google but never used them before. Superbreak seems good.. Any more?

Tell us as you are going along we can help you more what price you looking at for tickets for instance there is this offer i found
    lovetheatre.com/tic…les
    Edited by: "archer1204" 30th Aug 2016

What dates you looking at going

Original Poster

archer1204

What dates you looking at going

Planning to go on the last weekend of September, 24th (1 night Sat to Sun).

Otto.uk

Planning to go on the last weekend of September, 24th (1 night Sat to … Planning to go on the last weekend of September, 24th (1 night Sat to Sun).

Which Exeter Station are you leaving from

Central? St Thomas, or St David

You can get FIRST CLASS from Exeter St David's to Waterloo (Return) for £135.00 (thats £30 TWO-TOGETHER RAILCARD) plus £105 tickets (£52.50 per person, for a return) - Its £159.00 all in without a R/Card.

Love Theatre - 2 x stalls - top price tickets - £162.00 (for 2) ... Prices upto £265 for 2 depending on seating/area

Hotel is 10mins walk from Waterloo, with the theatre close by (5mins walk max)

The Bryson Hotel, booking.com/hot…mp; £177 inc Breakfast

Thats booking seprately, and of course you can choose standard train fares, lower price seats, and a lower budget hotel, buts thats 474
    Edited by: "Disco" 30th Aug 2016

Have a look in your local paper they might have package deals in readers offers. I have used these in the past a couple of times but only by coach
    Edited by: "ding" 30th Aug 2016

Disco

You can get FIRST CLASS from Exeter St David's to Waterloo (Return) for … You can get FIRST CLASS from Exeter St David's to Waterloo (Return) for £135.00 (thats £30 TWO-TOGETHER RAILCARD) plus £105 tickets (£52.50 per person, for a return) - Its £159.00 all in without a R/Card.Love Theatre - 2 x stalls - top price tickets - £162.00 (for 2) ... Prices upto £265 for 2 depending on seating/areaHotel is 10mins walk from Waterloo, with the theatre close by (5mins walk max)The Bryson Hotel, http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/the-bryson.en-gb.html?aid=304142;label=gen173nr-1FCAEoggJCAlhYSDNiBW5vcmVmaFCIAQGYAS64AQzIAQ_YAQHoAQH4AQuoAgM;sid=679628f50cdfd87ec6e9d6e5e54ffa11;all_sr_blocks=137784201_90177672_0_1_0;checkin=2016-09-24;checkout=2016-09-25;dest_id=23896;dest_type=landmark;dist=0;group_adults=2;highlighted_blocks=137784201_90177672_0_1_0;nflt=pri%3D3%3Bpri%3D4%3Bclass%3D4%3Bmealplan%3D1;place_id=23896;place_id_lat=51.512;place_id_lon=-0.132;place_id_ss=Shaftesbury%20Avenue;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;srfid=340c690670318636d9ad1b33a65f3ce636977e4dX1;type=total;ucfs=1& £177 inc BreakfastThats booking seprately, and of course you can choose standard train fares, lower price seats, and a lower budget hotel, buts thats 474

Some good info here, i'd certainly second the recommendation of lovetheatre.com. I'd also suggest looking at Megatrain for cheap train tickets from Exeter to London, often very cheap.

Check Groupon and Wowcher etc, they often do such breaks for a lot less.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854
      3. I want some backless loafers for men33
      4. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510

See more discussions