London to Heathrow airport

Found 27th Jul
Hey guys. I want to go London for the week end and I also have a flight from Heathrow.
What is the cheapest way for me to get there? An Uber will cost around £40...
Community Updates
20 Comments
Walk
Have you never heard of public transport? Its really big in london. They have buses, trains and even an underground rail system. So much cheaper than a taxi. tfl.gov.uk
Leave airport

You're now in London

/thread
Heathrow express is pretty good but you’ll need to get from one of the stations it stops at like Paddington and go further into London
Just get the Tube, Piccadilly line. Costs about £5.50 each way and takes about 45mins to reach Holborn at the centre.
You can also just use Contactless like an Oyster card. I find it pretty convenient and cheap enough.
Edited by: "Oneday77" 27th Jul
Depends where in London you want to go. Get the tube during off peak hours (after 9.30 before 16.00) assuming you want to go to anywhere in central zone 1 and it'll be around three quid even if you change tube lines.

Use a contactless debit or credit card it's the cheapest method when going through the barriers, you must stick to using one card though, and all stations have a route where you can go between tube lines without going through barriers again. Download an app called citymapper - I live in London and use it daily; it might offer up a scenic bus route if that's your thing!

If you want to get there faster then expect to pay a lot more for Heathrow express (about 15 quid) but your onward tube journey will cost on top.

Road is a lot more money and slower than the latter, so not worth it.
Edited by: "Sid.Harper" 27th Jul
I can’t work out if you want to go to London from LHR or go to LHR from London.
Either way, London is a big place. Hounslow is West London and that would cost pennies compared to going to Stratford in East London.
u66454140 m ago

I can’t work out if you want to go to London from LHR or go to LHR from L …I can’t work out if you want to go to London from LHR or go to LHR from London. Either way, London is a big place. Hounslow is West London and that would cost pennies compared to going to Stratford in East London.

Exactly. Op is very ambiguous
according to the daily mail

Airport rides don’t need to be uber expensive

34508043-KhEZj.jpg
“Kabbee is 65 per cent cheaper to a black cab All drivers for the service are fully licensed and... it only picks from minicab services with high ratings. Those with low ratings get removed from the service.”
Sid.Harper9 h, 1 m ago

Depends where in London you want to go. Get the tube during off peak hours …Depends where in London you want to go. Get the tube during off peak hours (after 9.30 before 16.00) assuming you want to go to anywhere in central zone 1 and it'll be around three quid even if you change tube lines. Use a contactless debit or credit card it's the cheapest method when going through the barriers, you must stick to using one card though, and all stations have a route where you can go between tube lines without going through barriers again. Download an app called citymapper - I live in London and use it daily; it might offer up a scenic bus route if that's your thing!If you want to get there faster then expect to pay a lot more for Heathrow express (about 15 quid) but your onward tube journey will cost on top. Road is a lot more money and slower than the latter, so not worth it.

Off peak is also after 7:00pm and weekends too.
mtuk125 m ago

Off peak is also after 7:00pm and weekends too.

oh yes of course - sorry I was in commute mode when posting. Don't forget bank holidays too and in fact from 7pm to 6.30am if you're using a line that runs at night
Edited by: "Sid.Harper" 27th Jul
psychobitchfromhell16 h, 34 m ago

Have you never heard of public transport? Its really big in london. They …Have you never heard of public transport? Its really big in london. They have buses, trains and even an underground rail system. So much cheaper than a taxi. https://tfl.gov.uk

Omg really?! I didn’t know that busses and trains existed.
Thanks a lot for that
chocci14 h, 26 m ago

Leave airportYou're now in London/thread

Hahaha. No
Sid.Harper2 h, 47 m ago

oh yes of course - sorry I was in commute mode when posting. Don't forget …oh yes of course - sorry I was in commute mode when posting. Don't forget bank holidays too and in fact from 7pm to 6.30am if you're using a line that runs at night

Thank you
cmdr_elito13 h, 31 m ago

Heathrow express is pretty good but you’ll need to get from one of the s …Heathrow express is pretty good but you’ll need to get from one of the stations it stops at like Paddington and go further into London

Thank you
Sid.Harper12 h, 12 m ago

Depends where in London you want to go. Get the tube during off peak hours …Depends where in London you want to go. Get the tube during off peak hours (after 9.30 before 16.00) assuming you want to go to anywhere in central zone 1 and it'll be around three quid even if you change tube lines. Use a contactless debit or credit card it's the cheapest method when going through the barriers, you must stick to using one card though, and all stations have a route where you can go between tube lines without going through barriers again. Download an app called citymapper - I live in London and use it daily; it might offer up a scenic bus route if that's your thing!If you want to get there faster then expect to pay a lot more for Heathrow express (about 15 quid) but your onward tube journey will cost on top. Road is a lot more money and slower than the latter, so not worth it.

Thanks a lot
You're welcome. Born and brought up here you don't realise how complex it can be to fathom the simplest things you take for granted in everyday life.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants