London to New York in 29 minutes

25 Comments
I'm still waiting for this,
Yes the flight will be in minutes but check in and security will still take +2hrs

And will we still get the professor who is "allergic" to dogs and wanting a service dog removed from the flight and refuses themselves to leave the aircraft departure delays?
So concords are banned but this is ok? I can't see it myself, too dangerous
Ryanair have this too, but all flights have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
whisper quiet?
It would be too fast to enjoy the in-flight meal and drinks.
OllieSt10 m ago

Good but no cigar“Things are not always what they seem; the first a …Good but no cigar“Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden.”

The Lexus SLIDE addresses the intended outcome, & the technical approach used met the requirements of the project whilst, hopefully, inspiring others to work on better designs & implementations.

If a similar method was used beneath roads & motorways to provide fuel-free transportation, combined with existing electric/hybrid technology, the need for conventional power for a majority of vehicles may well not be science fiction, but science fact relatively soon.
philphil612 h, 49 m ago

Yes the flight will be in minutes but check in and security will still …Yes the flight will be in minutes but check in and security will still take +2hrsAnd will we still get the professor who is "allergic" to dogs and wanting a service dog removed from the flight and refuses themselves to leave the aircraft departure delays?

and don't forget the overbooking and so some poor sod is thrown out of the plane
as they need the seat
fanpages6 m ago

The Lexus SLIDE addresses the intended outcome, & the technical approach …The Lexus SLIDE addresses the intended outcome, & the technical approach used met the requirements of the project whilst, hopefully, inspiring others to work on better designs & implementations.If a similar method was used beneath roads & motorways to provide fuel-free transportation, combined with existing electric/hybrid technology, the need for conventional power for a majority of vehicles may well not be science fiction, but science fact relatively soon.

Perhaps wooden roads and cars is the future.
fanpages1 h, 8 m ago

You need to go back to the future in 2015, as you seem to have missed …You need to go back to the future in 2015, as you seem to have missed it...[ https://www.lexus-int.com/slide ]

Ideally I wanted one that wouldn't involve a large scale civil engineering project and a couple of scientists. Fair play though.
People still think this guy is a genius, he is just a very clever entrepreneur selling the inevitable.
Wonder if this would increase or reduce london property prices?
Edited by: "mutley1" 29th Sep 2017
OllieSt1 h, 8 m ago

A 2CV that wooden go.

Nothing new here.
OllieSt1 h, 42 m ago

fanpages34 m ago

A 2CV that wooden go.Nothing new here.

shadey1219 m ago

This one …This one can,https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1866193/heart-stopping-moment-man-escapes-death-by-leaping-over-an-out-of-control-car-at-the-last-second/

"The blue Citroen 2CV straightens but makes a beeline..."

...Probably because it is a VW Beetle.
fanpages15 m ago

"The blue Citroen 2CV straightens but makes a beeline..."...Probably …"The blue Citroen 2CV straightens but makes a beeline..."...Probably because it is a VW Beetle.

I thought that but it's in the sun, so it must be true.
Global pandemic
Nobody is ever going to operate a rocket between London and New York.
carlitob10116 h, 13 m ago

So concords are banned but this is ok? I can't see it myself, too dangerous

Conchord isn't banned, it was just too expensive to run.
mtc132 m ago

Nobody is ever going to operate a rocket between London and New York.

1272956180-1506758854.jpg
*New York Times 1936

A few more erroneous predictions.
Yes lot's of predictions prove to be wrong after all we aren't flying round in cars or jetpacks yet XD. Travelling across the Atlantic on a rocket will join that list.
Can't wait for the Leeds to Manchester train in less than 30 minutes.
It will still take over an hour to travel the 7 miles to Leeds though.
Northern powerhouse my a***
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions