London Train stations - anyone live in london?

Which london train station is the best to stop at to be in the center like walking distance to shops / tower bridge etc?
or are the all they same, theres so many and i dont no london well

will rep

xxx

74 Comments

Banned

its spelt ANYONE

and Marble Arch or Oxford Circle for Oxford Street. Tower Bridge is a long way out.... Can't remember which is best. Possibly Bank.

If by train you actually mean tube, then Oxford Circus (not circle!!) is best for shops.
If you mean train, then Liverpool Street.

For the Tower Of London, nearest station is Tower Gateway

Banned

Babbabooey;6417233

If by train you actually mean tube, then Oxford Circus (not circle!!) is … If by train you actually mean tube, then Oxford Circus (not circle!!) is best for shops.If you mean train, then Liverpool Street.

Close enough :P

Original Poster

Babbabooey;6417233

If by train you actually mean tube, then Oxford Circus (not circle!!) is … If by train you actually mean tube, then Oxford Circus (not circle!!) is best for shops.If you mean train, then Liverpool Street.

yes train, so liverpool street is walking distance to shops and that, how fars the tower bridge / london eye from the main shops ? xx

vibeone;6417238

Close enough :P

close, but totally wrong

Original Poster

closet station to oxford street is liverpool street station then? xx

It depends what shops you want to go to .... and i think london bride or changing cross is near tower birdge but i may be wrong x

waterloo is close to the eye x

Banned

kerri_ yes train, so liverpool street is walking distance to shops and that, how fars the tower bridge / london eye from the main shops ? xx

Original Poster

is oxford street the best shops? which is the closest station to oxford st? xx

If you want the London Eye, you're best getting the tube to Waterloo.

Banned

Babbabooey;6417250

close, but totally wrong

ahh right, I forgot, you are the complete **** from that thread a few months ago, where you were proved beyond doubt, totally and utterly wrong.

Well congrats sir - you got me. I bet you feel really proud, and I can only thank you for correcting me. I have been a fool, and you have shown me the light.

Oxford Circus or Bond St are close to the Oxford St shops.

Banned

kerri_ is oxford street the best shops? which is the closest station to oxford st? xx

Original Poster

vibeone;6417256

A long way. Most of central london is walkable, but oxford street and … A long way. Most of central london is walkable, but oxford street and the eye are probably as far apart as you can get.Also I'm not sure why you are talking rail - surely you will come into london to whichever station your service terminates at? (ie: for me, down the east coast main line, would be kings cross).

i neverrr get trains so i havent a clue really theres soo many stations in london, Im going from birmingham, same day return , how much should i be looking at paying? xx

Best bet is to buy a day ticket for Zone 1 travel - this will give you unlimited travel on the tube around central London and you can visit plenty of places. It would appear from your post that you want to shop and fit in some sightseeing!

How are you getting to London and where do you arrive (particular station, airport etc)?

Banned

kerri_ i neverrr get trains so i havent a clue really theres soo many stations in london, Im going from birmingham, same day return , how much should i be looking at paying? xx

Original Poster

oxford circud it is then

anyone no how much same day return would be from birmingham when you do it online it comes up much more than it is if you go in and ask :-S

x

hackney highstreet = lovely shops lol x

tbh in one day you wont be able to do alot so i would choose 2-3 places and stick to them x

Original Poster

farmergiles;6417276

Best bet is to buy a day ticket for Zone 1 travel - this will give you … Best bet is to buy a day ticket for Zone 1 travel - this will give you unlimited travel on the tube around central London and you can visit plenty of places. It would appear from your post that you want to shop and fit in some sightseeing!How are you getting to London and where do you arrive (particular station, airport etc)?

this sounds great

how much is a day ticket for zone 1?
im coming from bham, which would be best?

xxx

Banned

kerri_ oxford circud it is then :)anyone no how much same day return would be from birmingham when you do it online it comes up much more than it is if you go in and ask :-Sx

Banned

kerri_ this sounds greathow much is a day ticket for zone 1?im coming from bham, which would be best?xxx

Original Poster

vibeone;6417304

zone 1 day travel is something like £5.90 if you buy after half 9, more … zone 1 day travel is something like £5.90 if you buy after half 9, more if you buy after (buy it in london rather than new street)no idea on fares - its easy enough to check yourself?

thanks vibeone you have actually been helpful!! thanks
repped you all xx

Birmingham New Street usually terminates at London Euston. Buy a zone 1 day travelcard for £7.20 (if including peak time travel). Get the Victoria line (southbound platform) to Oxford Circus and start from there.

For the Eye, as already mentioned Waterloo is handy or you could go to Westminster and take in Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey etc.

Have a good time!

vibeone;6417264

ahh right, I forgot, you are the complete **** from that thread a few … ahh right, I forgot, you are the complete **** from that thread a few months ago, where you were proved beyond doubt, totally and utterly wrong.Well congrats sir - you got me. I bet you feel really proud, and I can only thank you for correcting me. I have been a fool, and you have shown me the light.

ahahah, not so nice when others point out when YOU are wrong eh.:roll:
I forgot how much of a child you act when it happens.
Please don't turn this into another slanging match eh.

Original Poster

farmergiles;6417317

Birmingham New Street usually terminates at London Euston. Buy a zone 1 … Birmingham New Street usually terminates at London Euston. Buy a zone 1 day travelcard for £7.20 (if including peak time travel). Get the Victoria line (southbound platform) to Oxford Circus and start from there.For the Eye, as already mentioned Waterloo is handy or you could go to Westminster and take in Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey etc.Have a good time!

ohh thankyou.!!! xx

I live in London, Kerri.

If you're coming down from Brum, you'll prolly arrive in Euston and then need to take the victoria line into the city.

What underground stop you need very much depends on where you're going, obviously. There isnt much space inbetween one stop and the next ( for instance some of the underground stations are just round the corner to one another and you can easily walk from one t'other ).

If you're wanting the shops then go for Marble Arch at one end, Oxford Circus at the other xx

And don't be scared by the crowds... us londoners are mean for a reason.. we have to be lol xxx

Banned

ClarityofMind;6417464

I live in London, Kerri. If you're coming down from Brum, you'll prolly … I live in London, Kerri. If you're coming down from Brum, you'll prolly arrive in Euston and then need to take the victoria line into the city. What underground stop you need very much depends on where you're going, obviously. There isnt much space inbetween one stop and the next ( for instance some of the underground stations are just round the corner to one another and you can easily walk from one t'other ). If you're wanting the shops then go for Marble Arch at one end, Oxford Circus at the other xxAnd don't be scared by the crowds... us londoners are mean for a reason.. we have to be lol xxx

Euston virtually is Central London! Just stroll down Tottenham Court Road from Euston and you'll hit Oxford Street in just over 10 minutes! Good luck with the trek for the whole length of Oxford Street though. Tottenham Court Rd to Marble Arch isn't a walk I'd want to do.

As for things to see and do.... The south Bank is the usual place I'd suggest for a pleasant stroll down the Thames from Waterloo... then cross over to the North Side after walking to Tower Bridge.

Banned

same day returns are the most expensive tickets unless booked in advance....even a day before will save you something

shops..... depends on what shops you want if you want the hight st crap like top shop etc then oxford st if you are after something a little more designer then head to the strand or there are some boutique shops around covent garden............markets head to camden

all depends what you wanna do for the day

guv;6417549

Euston virtually is Central London! Just stroll down Tottenham Court Road … Euston virtually is Central London! Just stroll down Tottenham Court Road from Euston and you'll hit Oxford Street in just over 10 minutes! Good luck with the trek for the whole length of Oxford Street though. Tottenham Court Rd to Marble Arch isn't a walk I'd want to do.As for things to see and do.... The south Bank is the usual place I'd suggest for a pleasant stroll down the Thames from Waterloo... then cross over to the North Side after walking to Tower Bridge.

If you walk down that way stick your elbows out and push lol xxx

My fav walk is down embankment by the river xxx

I like the area around Victoria too ( yep I'm crazy )

and I like china town, covent garden, all that xx

Would this help a little!

]http//ww…pdf

Banned

ClarityofMind;6417566

If you walk down that way stick your elbows out and push lol xxxMy fav … If you walk down that way stick your elbows out and push lol xxxMy fav walk is down embankment by the river xxx

Indeed... I work 5 minutes from there....... Always enjoyable on a hot sunny day watching all the bir.... I mean... people walking past whilst sitting on the grass next to the London Eye having a spot of lunch.

Actually - I have Merlin passes... I might make use of them and have a free go on the Eye this week! :w00t:

ClarityofMind;6417566

If you walk down that way stick your elbows out and push lol xxxMy fav … If you walk down that way stick your elbows out and push lol xxxMy fav walk is down embankment by the river xxxI like the area around Victoria too ( yep I'm crazy )and I like china town, covent garden, all that xx

Which area near Victoria do you mean?
I do think you must be crazy!

guv;6417608

Indeed... I work 5 minutes from there....... Always enjoyable on a hot … Indeed... I work 5 minutes from there....... Always enjoyable on a hot sunny day watching all the bir.... I mean... people walking past whilst sitting on the grass next to the London Eye having a spot of lunch.Actually - I have Merlin passes... I might make use of them and have a free go on the Eye this week! :w00t:

May as well make the most of the city before the christmas shoppers arrive!! xxx

thehitman;6417623

Which area near Victoria do you mean?I do think you must be crazy!

I think I kinda like seediness in a way lol!

I miss the dirt and the air full of fumes...

When I've been away I dont feel I can breathe properly till I'm fully polluted again!

I'm nuts I know lol

Besides some of victoria is nice, I have fond memories of living there with my ex-husband a few yrs ago xx

checkout white city for westfield

I used to live in Pimlico and worked in Victoria for many years. I miss it but I don't!!

Like yourself I have quite a few memories from the past but it is a bit of a polluted pit now. They've spent a bit of money on the area to make it look nice but it's still quite grotty and far too many people to be enjoyable.

I like the fact that there are soooo many pubs in and around Victoria. ;-)

thehitman;6417666

I used to live in Pimlico and worked in Victoria for many years. I miss … I used to live in Pimlico and worked in Victoria for many years. I miss it but I don't!!Like yourself I have quite a few memories from the past but it is a bit of a polluted pit now. They've spent a bit of money on the area to make it look nice but it's still quite grotty and far too many people to be enjoyable.I like the fact that there are soooo many pubs in and around Victoria. ;-)

Pubs, restaurants all that.

It's the whole lifestyle of London really thats so much fun

I like the area around Victoria as well.

Love London, and as much as the tube is very uesful and efficeint, I don't think you can beat walking round London. You get to see so much more of the real London, and not just the tourist traps.

Gosh, the lifestyle is great. It burnt many a hole in my pockets and took up many nights and weekends. There's always so much to do, places to go, people to meet...

It's strange getting used to a calm lifestyle now!
Where in Victoria did you used to live?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions