Groups
    EXPIRED

london underground

Does it count as 1 trip if i stay within zone 1, but get on connecting tubes? (without leaving stations inbetween)

I'll be using an oyster card

6 Comments

Yip

Original Poster

ggmurray

Yip

cool! Thanks.

Out of curiosity, it this limited on the number of changes i can do?

Are you a dealer?

No You will scan your oyster card in at the first tube station and then when you scan out it works out which zone you have gone out of and worked out the price form there. Don't forget you can use your oyster card on buses as well and the overground.

Also oyster card has a capping applied to it so you should never spend over a certain amount each day on a pay & go basis.

Oyster Capping

Edited by: "ggmurray" 15th Jul 2014

Original Poster

IamMT

Are you a dealer?

haha no... like monopoly, 'just visiting'

Original Poster

ggmurray

No You will scan your oyster card in at the first tube station and then … No You will scan your oyster card in at the first tube station and then when you scan out it works out which zone you have gone out of and worked out the price form there. Dont forget you can use your oyster card on buses as well.Also oyster card has a capping applied to it so you should never spend over a certain amount each day on a PAy & go basis.Oyster Capping

thanks, yeah spotted that on the website, but didnt know if would get charged a fare for each tube so was unsure how much to get on the visitor card. thanks all for clarifying
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3933
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313

See more discussions