Groups

London Waterloo

Thinking of going to London with the deal from Southwest Trains, but i don't actually know how far London Waterloo is from all the attractions in London, is it walkable?
    Thanks!

12 Comments

imo its quite far from the main attractions
    get a day bus&tram pass (£3.80) or day travelcard for £6.30

If you want to see all the attractions then you are going to need to use the tube/busses anyway so it'll be fine to go to.

I wouldn't say so, I was there last year and walked from Waterloo to the main places like Westminster/Downing Street/London Eye etc. From memory it's about a 20min walk. Once you're there you can get the tube to get pretty much anywhere you want to go.....

civms47;5978199

I wouldn't say so, I was there last year and walked from Waterloo to the … I wouldn't say so, I was there last year and walked from Waterloo to the main places like Westminster/Downing Street/London Eye etc. From memory it's about a 20min walk. Once you're there you can get the tube to get pretty much anywhere you want to go.....

yes, if those are the only main attractions for you. London tower bridge, greenwich, buckingham palace are quite far..

anyway, decide for youreslf, this is a walking route planner using google: maps.google.co.uk/map…=14

+1 for the travel card and do a bit of planning first ]using maps like these.

nuabdi;5978212

yes, if those are the only main attractions for you. London tower bridge, … yes, if those are the only main attractions for you. London tower bridge, greenwich, buckingham palace are quite far..anyway, decide for youreslf, this is a walking route planner using google: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Waterloo,+Greater+London,+UK&daddr=London,+SE1+7PB+(London+Eye)+to:Bridge+St,+London,+Westminster,+SW1A+2+(Big+Ben)+to:parliament+square+to:trafalgar+square+to:Buckingham+Palace,+London,+SW1A+1AA+(Buckingham+Palace)+to:Tower+Bridge,+Tower+Bridge+Rd,+London,+SE1+(Tower+Bridge)&geocode=FT7eEQMdpUD-_w%3BFcTgEQMd9Cv-_yGFjJHbzzSB9A%3BFW3XEQMdLxf-_yGbJIWvcTfiaQ%3B%3B%3BFTPZEQMdv9X9_yGH3Twxb-Jb5g%3BCa058GmnCYc9FRHhEQMd3tT-_yHV07G9GgXqow&hl=en&gl=uk&mra=pe&mrcr=5&dirflg=w&sll=51.504789,-0.10849&sspn=0.030719,0.077162&ie=UTF8&z=14

Did I forget to mention that you can get the tube anywhere else??? Oh wait, I did...... :whistling:

Original Poster

Thanks for your help everyone!

civms47;5978251

Did I forget to mention that you can get the tube anywhere else??? Oh … Did I forget to mention that you can get the tube anywhere else??? Oh wait, I did...... :whistling:

yes you win hooray ....

nuabdi;5978520

yes you win hooray ....

Nothing to do with winning, just can't be bothered with people pulling you up about something you've said, without reading the full post, happens on here quite a bit....

Banned

If you want to know if its near to ALL the attractions, the answer is no. (London is a very big place!)

Walking distance - London Eye, South Bank, Thames boat trip, Houses of Parliament, London Aquarium, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, London Dungeon, Tower of London, Imperial War Museum, Covent Garden

And lots more besides....

However, I'd advise getting a travel card and having a nosey on the underground to other places. Waterloo isn't london.... its a mere pin***** on the map. (I should know - I work here!)

Edit...... OMG the hole that a pin makes is a word banned by the word censors!

Whenever we go to london, we quite often walk to the places we want to go. You get to see a lot more of london, rather than missing it all by going udnerground. Found some great little shop,s pubs, bars, atrractions by walking around, it's like your own sightseeing tour.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281972
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions