London Winter Wonderland

Posted 3rd Nov
I would like to go to the London Winter Wonderland with my daughter this year, we’ve never been before and I don’t really know where to start with organising it! We live miles away so would be getting the train from Hull - I’m looking for somewhere to stay, tips for the Winter Wonderland and ways to make it as cheap as possible!

I was looking at maybe going on the 22nd December and just staying 1 night? Possibly 2 if needed?

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
That is going to be a very crowded and expensive time in London.
Premier inn London Bridge next to a weather spoons

winter wonderland will be hell on earth
take them to the alps for next xmas & don't do presents! recommend chamonix on a budget / otherwise.
..winter snow, xmas lights, eating out, van chaud, all the "trimmings" fir tree's all around, SNOW, sledding etc.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 3rd Nov
I stayed in Elstree in the ibis but have also stayed in Watford, both are only a 15 minute train into Central London without paying Central London silly prices
Winter wonderland might be a little bit of a let down if you are travelling a long way for it . The market stalls can be quite repetitive in what they sell . I would definitely look at the on line prices for the different elements and book in advance if you are going at a busy time so you don’t miss what you really want to do. Don’t expect to arrive Christmas week and get in each place if you haven’t booked .

The ice sculptures are always fab and well worth going round . The whole place is quite quiet early on in the day , but it does mean you miss the lights . However by the time you hit Christmas week it will be busy all day . If there’s any chance you could go a week or two earlier I would , last time we went we had the ice sculpture place to ourselves for as long as we could cope with the temperature.The later in the day/evening you go , the more atmosphere, but also more drinking etc . I would definitely combine it with something else to do .

Been a few times , but I’m only 35 mins outside London , it is definitely expensive and I find we probably have a more Christmassy feeling day out at places like Bury St Edmonds Christmas market .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants