Found 16th May
I'm going to Hammersmith towards the end of June to see Penn & Teller and was hoping to stay in central London for a couple of nights after and visit the zoo, sealife, madame tussauds etc and was just wondering if anyone knew of either any decent reasonably priced hotels located centrally or any hotel/attraction deals. I've seen a few on Groupon etc before 2/3 night stay + entry but don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.

1. Ask
  2. London
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. London
13 Comments

don't know any offers but don't waste your money on London zoo its terrible. if you've never been to a zoo you may like it but otherwise it's really not a pleasant experience and you'll walk out feeling sorry for the animals. I went a few years ago now so I don't know if it's improved but I remember others saying the same a year or so ago on another thread.

enjoy your visit so much to do in London and our museums are free. highly recommend natural history museum and science museum they're practically next to each other and closest station is south Kensington. Took my kids up tower bridge last April and they loved the glass floor, not worth the money to be honest and I wouldn't go again but we enjoyed it.

https://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/london-cluster-ticket/big-london-cluster-ticket-4-attractions-1-ticket

Theres this for attractions.. I can't help with hotels though sorry

If travelling by train you could try this site
daysoutguide.co.uk

Try the London pass. It gives you entry to multiple attractions including a hop on hop off tour bus

Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll check them out, girlfriend loves longleat and marwell so,I'm sure I'll still end up at the zoo even if it isn't so great, unfortunately. I'll definitely have a look around the museums too.

Any recommendations for hotels ? Anything close to the centre near sea life etc would be perfect.

get the London pass. I would skip madame tussaud (expensive, even though it's central London, is slightly far from the rest of the attractions, not worth it ).

never been to the London zoo.

easy hotel is cheap, sometimes i stay at the Old Street one or Paddington (the earlier you book the cheaper it is).

Free tickets to the Sky Garden for June will be available soon, worth a visit for the views over London.

elainep

Free tickets to the Sky Garden for June will be available soon, worth a … Free tickets to the Sky Garden for June will be available soon, worth a visit for the views over London.

https://skygarden.london/

your about 15 minutes ahead of me :-)

Also if you like star wars this is a good:

http://www.theo2.co.uk/do-more-at-the-o2/starwarsidentities

and you could get to the o2 via:

emiratesairline.co.uk/

Loads of free Museums worth a look as well.

Edited by: "derekduggan" 17th May

The zoo is great.

Go to the easy hotel website

don't waste any time and money at that Shrek adventure thing. And if you do go to Madame Tussauds then the extra £5 to do the Sherlock Holmes thing is not worth it...

Original Poster

elainep

Free tickets to the Sky Garden for June will be available soon, worth a … Free tickets to the Sky Garden for June will be available soon, worth a visit for the views over London.

Thanks, never heard of the Sky Garden before, definitely looks like it would be worth a trip.

The Easy hotels I have stayed in are horrible. Dirty, smelly, damaged furniture and fittings, deposit required for tv remote. Like the worst b & b you can think of.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition47381
    2. Win free gin for a year88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…44
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414

See more discussions