Groups

Londoners! Whos gonna bother going into work?

i live in romford and work in westminster. cant get anywhere really. shall i bother??? hmm#

anyone else goin in?

Transport Effort: Fail
    - schizoboy

26 Comments

Get a bus, taxi or drive..
    Edited by: "RickT" 7th Sep 2010

We don't have tubes 'oop north' and we manage to get about ok! hehe

Banned

I work 2 minutes from Westminster and managed to get in as usual at 7.45.

Depends if you are work shy or not I guess.

the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a underground theres train bus taxi bike walk run swim lol deffo work shy .

csamual

the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a … the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a underground theres train bus taxi bike walk run swim lol deffo work shy .

+1

csamual

the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a … the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a underground theres train bus taxi bike walk run swim lol deffo work shy .

+2

Infact I believe housemates girlfriend got a lift with him (he left 2hours earlier than usual to give gf and a friend a lift to work)

Why would anyone believe Tube strikes means everyone in London mustn't work???

Edited by: "schizoboy" 7th Sep 2010

Banned

i live in romford and work in westminster. cant get anywhere really. shall i bother??? hmm#

no buses or any other form of public transport where you live?

Taxi to Overground train? Lifts from friends?
    Car sharing websites?
    Car hire places?
    List is endless really.

wow, lazy much?

Banned

schizoboy

[quote=csamual]the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need … [quote=csamual]the rest of the uk manage to get to work without the need for a underground theres train bus taxi bike walk run swim lol deffo work shy .

+3

If Phillip Schofield can get to work, then so can you!!

Banned

csamual

The rest of the UK puts up with living in boring towns and cities too.:p

nikkib123

If Phillip Schofield can get to work, then so can you!!:p

Another good reason to not stay at home.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

well folks i went in like the sucker i am and boss said' oh thought u wernt coming in'

GRRRRRRR

knew i shoulda stayed home

Not good when the boss doesn't seem too bothered whether you are there or not.

peterjmay

well folks i went in like the sucker i am and boss said' oh thought u … well folks i went in like the sucker i am and boss said' oh thought u wernt coming in' GRRRRRRRknew i shoulda stayed home

Looks like the owners/board of that business needs to get a new manager/MD tbh

Also do employees want to waste their sick days for silly reasons like tube strikes?

Original Poster

**** wot a superior boring lot u all are. where are the rebels at!!!

peterjmay

I didn't go into London. This morning I was asked if I was going to, & I replied to say I was working remotely (as opposed to remotely working).

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Had a pleasant weekend in london while a tube strike was on. Enjoyed the walking.

If your boss doesn't care that you turned up it looks like your job is a non job. Expect the sack very soon.

peterjmay

You seem to be implying that we should all be supporting the idea that if you can get off not working due to one-of-many modes of transport being unavailable, all Londoners should just cease any attempt to work that day whatsoever.

Sorry, that's absurd.

Original Poster

zzzz

fanpages

I didn't go into London. This morning I was asked if I was going to, & I … I didn't go into London. This morning I was asked if I was going to, & I replied to say I was working remotely (as opposed to remotely working).BFN,fp.

Another classic FP.

http://www.clown-ministry.com/images/jerry-lewis-the-king-of-comedy.jpg

schizoboy

You seem to be implying that we should all be supporting the idea that if … You seem to be implying that we should all be supporting the idea that if you can get off not working due to one-of-many modes of transport being unavailable, all Londoners should just cease any attempt to work that day whatsoever.Sorry, that's absurd.

PSSSSSTTTT I think the thread is a bit tongue in cheek.

I'm whispering so you don't look like a special kid to the other forum members.

mr.potato_head

PSSSSSTTTT I think the thread is a bit tongue in cheek.I'm whispering so … PSSSSSTTTT I think the thread is a bit tongue in cheek.I'm whispering so you don't look like a special kid to the other forum members.

I've been spechal a very long time
    Doesn't mean I like dossers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ebid over Ebay67
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764193
      3. What do these 2 men have in common11
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846156

See more discussions