Found 19th Aug 2009
After many hours painfully searching the web, for good hotel deals, bus times etc etc....my husband has now decided he wants to drive, from Mid Devon, to London?!! (Goodness only knows why!)
So - can anyone advise me which direction we should head for? Is there a park and ride on the way in? How much is the congestion charge? If we drive right in, which area would be best for things like the London Eye? And finally, can anyone recommend a hotel with parking that doesnt cost the earth?! Oh, and he wants to go tomorrow?!! MEN!!!
Any help most gratefully receved. Thanks in advance, to those of you with great knowledge, who take the time to reply!

8 Comments

When you going, during the week or on the weekend?
As congestion charge is exempt on weekends, there are also more parking spots around on the weekends too.

Banned

2nd place

park-up.com/

you can always find a hotel near heathrow or something wher you can park the car and take the tube into london

We sometimes drive to Ruislip and then catch the tube in. Not a bad trip, and you can park all day there at one of the train stations for a couple of quid.

Either that, or somehting similar might be a decent idea!

m18gfc;6056496

We sometimes drive to Ruislip and then catch the tube in. Not a bad trip, … We sometimes drive to Ruislip and then catch the tube in. Not a bad trip, and you can park all day there at one of the train stations for a couple of quid. Either that, or somehting similar might be a decent idea!

We did this the other week, stayed a couple of nights near Windsor, drove to West Ruislip and got the tube in, payed £3 odd to park on a Saturday and got an all day travelcard for zones 1-6, took about 30 minutes on the underground straight into Oxford Circus on the Central Line
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. A dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G44
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G22
    3. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2638
    4. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit59

See more discussions