long haul flight?

Found 7th Jun 2016
Never been on a long haul flight before, is there any charging facilities for phones or tablets. If not any recommendations for power banks, don't know anything about them or what is a good one.
Community Updates
AskFlight
22 Comments
they don't have charge facilities on any long haul I have been on, also as far as I remember charging power banks are not aloud on and have to go in your main bag. I know at some airports they have charging facilities before u go on to the planes. best turn that brightness down on your phone /tablet
We've just flown with thomas cook and they had tvs in the seats and saw people using usb leads to charge iPads/tablets whilst using them
Some long haul have charge points, Virgin have USB ports that you can use as long as you don't put the phone onto charge and just leave it alone (they're afraid of overheating) a lot of airlines have special electrical points
Who are you flying with? We went to New York with BA last week and every seat had a usb connector that you could plug your charger into - just make sure you have the right lead with you!

they don't have charge facilities on any long haul I have been on, also … they don't have charge facilities on any long haul I have been on, also as far as I remember charging power banks are not aloud on and have to go in your main bag. I know at some airports they have charging facilities before u go on to the planes. best turn that brightness down on your phone /tablet

I've taken a power bank on my previous 4 flights, including long-haul to South Africa..
just come back on virgin atlantic they had usb slots in the tvs I plugged my phone in whilst using for listening to podcast and I got of the plane fully charged. ...I wasn't
Check the airline your flying with.
Different airlines have different features and in my experience each plane model has slightly different systems.
ie the newer bigger planes have more features and extras then the smaller or older models.
You should check out seatguru.com/. You can look up your flight and find the specific aircraft, and it will tell you which seats, if any, have power outlets.

It's also good for telling you seats with better legroom etc, which is especially important on long haul flights!
We just got back from America - flying with American Airlines.. They had both USB ports & universal socket points on each seat...
just back from florida on the thomsons dreamliner they have usb sockets to charge things also I used the ipod socket to charge my ipod as it has both on the seatback screen
All fights i have been on they had main charger plugs
All depends on who you are flying with i guess, i have been on a few long haul flights recently. Norwegian Air flights have everything even wifi. BA didnt have to charge my phone..
its Thomas cook that we are flying with, I know you get movies on the plane but the two little ones won't go that long without their tablets.

its Thomas cook that we are flying with, I know you get movies on the … its Thomas cook that we are flying with, I know you get movies on the plane but the two little ones won't go that long without their tablets.

We just flown with Thomas cook you do get usb charging point but make sure you take your own headphones as you get charged for them £4 each and if you want all the films it also cost £4 but only £6 if you buy both
michelle2306

We just flown with Thomas cook you do get usb charging point but make … We just flown with Thomas cook you do get usb charging point but make sure you take your own headphones as you get charged for them £4 each and if you want all the films it also cost £4 but only £6 if you buy both

​thanks, what kind of films were on offer?

Castaway, Alive, Flight, Turbulence, The Grey, Non-stop, United 93, Passenger 57, Con Air, Flightplan etc. All the classics.
Last time I flew long haul was 3 years ago with Emirates, but every seat had a USB port, international mains plug (as it took UK, US, Aus etc.). Also hundreds of free on demand TV & films etc.
Look at seatguru. Give the info eg british airways and aircraft ( or flight number ) and it will give you information on seats, if it has usb connection, etc.

​thanks, what kind of films were on offer?[/quo​thanks, what kind of fil … ​thanks, what kind of films were on offer?[/quo​thanks, what kind of films were on offer?

Quite a few recent films and tv series and children's tv but only a couple that I hadn't seen you will be able to look what there is before you buy extra they might change from flight to flight week to week?

Try here for the in-flight entertainment on TC flights thomascookairlines.com/en/…jsp
I take my power bank with me on every flight but all the long haul I have been on have a usb charging port. I always take my own earphones. A bag is useful to put all leads, iPad plug, charger plugs and power bank in so can just put in the security tray.
Ethiad have usb charging ports. The airports usually having charging stations and if not you'll definitely find a plug socket you can use. (Remember to bring a travel adapter to use in the counties you have a lay over in)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions