Expired

Long Term UK Car Hire (Help beating £249/month)?

2 replies
Found 30th Mar 2007
I'm only in the UK for a year, and decided to do long term car hire rather than try to buy/sell a car. I was wondering if anyone knows of good long term (at least monthly) car hire companies?

I was with Apex, but Apex has now raised my rate a bit, so I'm hoping someone can help find a cheaper deal. They are now charging £249/28 days + VAT + insurance for the Vauxhall Corsa, and charging £299/28 days + VAT + insurance for the Vauxhall Astra. This is for an automatic transmission, brand new cars, replacements every 3 months or sooner.

Does anyone know of a better deal than that? I would be willing to learn manual if I was saving a lot.

This sounds high to me for this low-class of a vehicle. However, I've been unable to find a better deal around.

3 Comments

I would be interested in the best deal too. I am possibly going to have a gap between selling my current car before the new one arrives. I can do part exchange but a private sale may make me an extra £1500. So renting a car for 6-8 weeks may be worth the cost.

rep waiting for the best prices.:thumbsup:

go to lingscars.com, its owned by a rather excentric chinese women, great service and very entertaining website if your looking for a new car or not haha.
i got a citroen c2 vts from here.... you may need to enquire about automatics though... but no doubt she will come back with a very competitive quote.

Original Poster

creown

go to lingscars.com, its owned by a rather excentric chinese women, great … go to lingscars.com, its owned by a rather excentric chinese women, great service and very entertaining website if your looking for a new car or not haha. i got a citroen c2 vts from here.... you may need to enquire about automatics though... but no doubt she will come back with a very competitive quote.

Thanks for the suggestion. I received a quote from her but shouldn't beat the price I had.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79
    3. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?57
    4. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89

See more discussions