Groups
    EXPIRED

Longest ever wait for a refund?

I ordered some dining chairs from the Homebase website but decided I didn't want to keep them. They were collected exactly 1 month ago all still boxed and I'm still waiting for my refund of around £260! So far I've called them over 20 times and spoken to as many different people but still they've not sorted it.

Having made such a fuss I've had a letter apologising for the poor service and £15 worth of Homebase Vouchers but still no refund.

Anyone have any idea how I can sort this?

14 Comments

You need to WRITE a letter to them. (the managing director) I was told Argos would not refund my daughters bed. I wrote to head office (sara weller - md of argos), a week later we had a new bed. Customer service with homebase/argos is rubbish.

Edit:

Write to Paul Loft (Managing Director, Homebase) (homeretailgroup.com/hom…rd/) at
    Homebase Ltd
    489-499 Avebury Boulevard
    Saxon Gate West
    Central Milton Keynes
    MK9 2NW

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;5538321

You need to WRITE a letter to them. Find out who managing director is - I … You need to WRITE a letter to them. Find out who managing director is - I will have a look. I was told Argos would not refund my daughters bed. I wrote to head office, a week later we had a new bed. Customer service with homebase/argos is rubbish.

Thanks for that, I think I'll have to go down that route. I'd be annoyed if it was £20 but £260 is a lot of money to give to Homebase as an interest free loan.

I got my hopes up earlier in the week when a supposed 'Manager' told me that he'd take personal responsibilty for my refund. The next day I had a message on my phone stating that Homebase had actioned my refund on 26th May and I should contact my bank. I've called my bank 6 times now and they say no refund has been made.

It's costing me a fortune in phone calls and I'm no closer getting my money back! ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Original Poster

You need to WRITE a letter to them. (the managing director) I was told … You need to WRITE a letter to them. (the managing director) I was told Argos would not refund my daughters bed. I wrote to head office (sara weller - md of argos), a week later we had a new bed. Customer service with homebase/argos is rubbish.Edit:Write to Paul Loft (Managing Director, Homebase) (http://www.homeretailgroup.com/home/about/board/) at Homebase Ltd489-499 Avebury BoulevardSaxon Gate WestCentral Milton KeynesMK9 2NW

Thanks very much for that. I've left you rep.

You need to WRITE a letter to them. (the managing director) I was told … You need to WRITE a letter to them. (the managing director) I was told Argos would not refund my daughters bed. I wrote to head office (sara weller - md of argos), a week later we had a new bed. Customer service with homebase/argos is rubbish.Edit:Write to Paul Loft (Managing Director, Homebase) (http://www.homeretailgroup.com/home/about/board/) at Homebase Ltd489-499 Avebury BoulevardSaxon Gate WestCentral Milton KeynesMK9 2NW

either ex homebase worker/argos

or b+q affiliated

supergoose;5538429

Thanks very much for that. I've left you rep.

Thanks. Customer services just say so much rubbish, I was shocked when my refund was dealt with so quickly when I wrote to head office especially when customer services wouldnt refund her bed!

jamstaruk1972;5538467

either ex homebase worker/argosor b+q affiliated

huh?

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;5538472

Thanks. Customer services just say so much rubbish, I was shocked when my … Thanks. Customer services just say so much rubbish, I was shocked when my refund was dealt with so quickly when I wrote to head office especially when customer services wouldnt refund her bed!

Indeed they do. I was told today that I couldn't speak to a manager as they were ALL in a meeting and that no Manager would be able to talk to me anyhow until they'd had an email of my full trail of correspondence from their junior colleague.

Also they advise me that when they do, eventually, process my refund it will take between 7-10 WORKING days before the money appears in my account. Strange that when I bought the chairs the money was taken the next day.

Send the letter recorded delivery as well (you know they have got it then)

About 6 months from pixmania, was constantly calling and emailing them, kept being told they would refund me, never arrived. About 6 months later I finally got my refund.

Was for about £600, ordered something and they took the money etc, then said they wouldnt send it until i emailed over a copy of my passport and driving license (or similar documents) - I said no thanks, order was cancelled.

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;5540251

About 6 months from pixmania, was constantly calling and emailing them, … About 6 months from pixmania, was constantly calling and emailing them, kept being told they would refund me, never arrived. About 6 months later I finally got my refund.Was for about £600, ordered something and they took the money etc, then said they wouldnt send it until i emailed over a copy of my passport and driving license (or similar documents) - I said no thanks, order was cancelled.

Remind me not to touch Pixmania with a bargepole!

I always do when I see a thread asking about them in misc. I would never order from there again.

No way was I sending copies of important documents - identity fraud!

They always said on the phone etc that they had issued a refund and I would have it in a few days. All total liars!

Banned

supergoose;5540310

Remind me not to touch Pixmania with a bargepole!

Do you need reminding how bad pixmania are? I thought everyone knew to avoid them. Their name is as bad as lexmark on hukd :thumbsup:

I sent a letter regarding being let down on a bathroom delivery having paid for express 14 day delivery I had to wait 11 days for a delivery date only to be told it was out of stock!!!!!!! I sent a letter on the 5th of august to paul loft and until now have not heard anything. i will not shop at homebase anymore. Disgraceful all they care about is making profit.

Banned

ano

I sent a letter regarding being let down on a bathroom delivery having … I sent a letter regarding being let down on a bathroom delivery having paid for express 14 day delivery I had to wait 11 days for a delivery date only to be told it was out of stock!!!!!!! I sent a letter on the 5th of august to paul loft and until now have not heard anything. i will not shop at homebase anymore. Disgraceful all they care about is making profit.

STOP POSTING IN TWO YEAR OLD THREADS! oO

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767419
    3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery77
    4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919

See more discussions