Groups

Look!! Email virus - How to stop it??

My computer keeps sending the following email to everone in my address book how do i stop it and remove whats doing it? The subject of the email is titled Look!!

Hey, good day!
    I ordered one iphone 3GS 32GB
    Onyx from this site: newphones1.com
    one weeks ago, today I've got it . Amazing, beyond my imagination, it's genuine and as good as expected,but much cheaper. I'm pleased to share this good news with you! May all goes well for you
    good luck

10 Comments

change your password to your email account

you need to go to your email site and change your address, last week hotmail got hacked and they took over loads of email address, samething happened to yahoo 2 months ago

KERMITZBITZ;8458185

change your password to your email account

The problem is you get these stupid email eventually regardless of how many times you change email accounts.
    I use Mailwasher to look at all my email accounts first, then add any spam to the reject list. It stops them getting to my computer. There is a free Mailwasher if you only have a single email address. If you have multiple addresses then you can buy the Pro version for a one off payment.

Original Poster

Thanks will try all of the above. Its an AOL email address and i've had it for years so dont really want to change it as so many people etc know it.

Anyway fingers crossed doing all what you've said will help :thumbsup:

if its sending out the above won't make much diff, its installed as a script in your email software,
    contact aol but also do a scan/cleanup with [url]www.malwarebytes.com[/url]

Original Poster

Predikuesi;8458309

http://www.mailwasher.net/download-mailwasher-free

Thanks just installing it now.

Trouble is i've already got a built in spam filter with AOL broadband so will this actually get rid of what is sending these emails or will it just try and stop new spam getting through? :?

Original Poster

maddogb;8458318

if its sending out the above won't make much diff, its installed as a … if its sending out the above won't make much diff, its installed as a script in your email software, contact aol but also do a scan/cleanup with ]www.malwarebytes.com

As i thought, just download this now and will give it a try :thumbsup:

steevieboy4u;8458335

Thanks just installing it now. Trouble is i've already got a built in … Thanks just installing it now. Trouble is i've already got a built in spam filter with AOL broadband so will this actually get rid of what is sending these emails or will it just try and stop new spam getting through? :?

It doesn't work that way. Mailwasher looks at your emails before your email program. It will list what is on the server (AOL) and give you the opportunity to delete them before they get a chance to get to your PC. You can blacklist any that you know to be suspect and you can set Mailwasher to automatically delete them. The reason I use it, besides the above, I can stop any virus infected emails getting to my computer.

Mailwasher wont interfer with your AOL Spam Blocker.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;8458413

It doesn't work that way. Mailwasher looks at your emails before your … It doesn't work that way. Mailwasher looks at your emails before your email program. It will list what is on the server (AOL) and give you the opportunity to delete them before they get a chance to get to your PC. You can blacklist any that you know to be suspect and you can set Mailwasher to automatically delete them. The reason I use it, besides the above, I can stop any virus infected emails getting to my computer.Mailwasher wont interfer with your AOL Spam Blocker.

Thanks for the info i'll install this as well then as it seems like it could save me some problems in the future providing i can find out whats causing this problem now. :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)913
      2. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…11
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?33
      4. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!11

See more discussions