Lookfantastic, lost parcel

Banned 22
Found 20th Dec 2015
Ordered a GHD set from lookfantastic as it was £20 cheaper than buying it directly from GHD. Order went through fine, royal mail special delivery for postage, great.

Tracked all the way to my address, even said delivered. Yet there's no signature, no confirmation who, if anyone it had been delivered to..

Contacted them the day after it had been delivered, which is a painfully slow process, as it takes anywhere between 24 and 48 hours to reply to your initial question, so any back and forth takes an ice age.

They finally said they think it's lost, and gave me a form to sign to say it's lost, sent that back and nearly two days later I got an email confirming they've received it.

Now I've heard nothing. I ordered the item on the 10th December for a Christmas present thinking it'd arrive with plenty of time to spare. In the mean time I've had to order the same item again from GHD at an extra £20 cost on top of the £175 I've already spent at lookfantastic.

I've also noticed in their small print it says they don't refund, but send out replacements for the lost item(s). I don't want to be in a situation where I have two sets of GHD'S.. What's the legality of chasing a refund instead of a replacement?

Thanks

1. Ask
  2. Parcel
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Parcel
22 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://s21.postimg.org/nlfza8h1z/Screenshot_2015_12_20_14_59_00.png

http://s21.postimg.org/oc8pg0jfb/Screenshot_2015_12_20_14_59_11.png

When the replacement turns up send it back. You have 14 days I think from day of delivery to send any item back bought online. Don't panic

You are entitled to a refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. They must refund by law if you request it.

I'd be saying I want a refund as I had to source another set from elsewhere and no longer trust their services as the last set got lost. Have they said you can have a refund or have the specifically said you will get a replacement.

You could always just not sign for the next pair, they will be returned to sender.

Original Poster Banned

It said in small print on the page where I had to upload the document they sent me to print and sign, then upload back to them, that in all cases they resend lost items rather than refund. Wish I grabbed a screenshot of it now.

Original Poster Banned

Just found it again on the website.

http://s13.postimg.org/lzmc17e9j/Screenshot_2015_12_20_15_28_44.png

BeerDrinker

You are entitled to a refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. … You are entitled to a refund under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. They must refund by law if you request it.

no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever the retailer decides, the retailer in this case has stated that they replace lost items which they are fully and legally able to to do.

to the OP, why would you have 2 sets of GHDs? are you saying you plan on committing fraud and theft if the first set turn up? why would you not want the second set they have sent out, after all you don't have the set they first sent, do you.....

this reads to me like someone is pulling a fast one, got a parcel delivered and couldn't / didn't sign for it for whatever reason, and though't ill have my cake and eat it.

you're aware they little devices have gps tracking that will show the delivery driver being at your address within a foot or 2 of your door, and how long he was there for etc etc

Try calling them as it will be a lot faster to sort it out than by email. But as other people have said either send it back once the order arrives or just refuse the delivery!

krisward7955

When the replacement turns up send it back. You have 14 days I think from … When the replacement turns up send it back. You have 14 days I think from day of delivery to send any item back bought online. Don't panic

at the Ops cost, as its a 'change of mind' return and the customer is liable for postage costs in such situations, and where the retailer bears the cost through say a courier collection or a free post returns address, they can deduct the sot of the return form any refund.

eset12345

no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever … no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever the retailer decides

That would be the case if they had received the items and 14 days had lapsed. As the goods have not been received, the OP is perfectly within their right to cancel the order and get a full refund, which lookfantastic is legally required to give.

BeerDrinker

That would be the case if they had received the items and 14 days had … That would be the case if they had received the items and 14 days had lapsed. As the goods have not been received, the OP is perfectly within their right to cancel the order and get a full refund, which lookfantastic is legally required to give.

Not sure if this would apply as the original delivery was showing as delivered. I'd imagine if they hadn't sent it this would be the case but it could be different as it has been sent.

eset12345

no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever … no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever the retailer decides, the retailer in this case has stated that they replace lost items which they are fully and legally able to to do.to the OP, why would you have 2 sets of GHDs? are you saying you plan on committing fraud and theft if the first set turn up? why would you not want the second set they have sent out, after all you don't have the set they first sent, do you.....this reads to me like someone is pulling a fast one, got a parcel delivered and couldn't / didn't sign for it for whatever reason, and though't ill have my cake and eat it.you're aware they little devices have gps tracking that will show the delivery driver being at your address within a foot or 2 of your door, and how long he was there for etc etc

Have you even bothered to read the post?

Also you are wrong regarding replacement. Of course they can get a full refund.

Edited by: "NEtech" 20th Dec 2015

You should try to call them, explain everything and with it being so close to christmas maybe they can try and sort things out for you, if not at least they will have your concerns on record so might help your chances at getting refunded instead of getting a replacement

Original Poster Banned

eset12345

no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever … no they aren't, they are entitled to a refund or replacement, whichever the retailer decides, the retailer in this case has stated that they replace lost items which they are fully and legally able to to do.to the OP, why would you have 2 sets of GHDs? are you saying you plan on committing fraud and theft if the first set turn up? why would you not want the second set they have sent out, after all you don't have the set they first sent, do you.....this reads to me like someone is pulling a fast one, got a parcel delivered and couldn't / didn't sign for it for whatever reason, and though't ill have my cake and eat it.you're aware they little devices have gps tracking that will show the delivery driver being at your address within a foot or 2 of your door, and how long he was there for etc etc

You've cleary not read my OP. I stated since it didn't arrive/went missing, I purchased the same item elsewhere (direct from GHD). And since lookfantastic have stated they don't refund, they send replacements, I'm going to be left with two sets of the same item.

Quick to judge, maybe it is you that's a schemester.

Original Poster Banned

Also, if I refused package they (lookfantastic) may turn around and charge me for the delivery and other charges such as restocking fee.

Hopefully they get the replacement to me soon and with any luck I'll still have enough time to return the set I bought direct from GHD. Thankfully GHD have a no quibble free returns if you change your mind, alas, wish I'd gone direct and saved myself all this mess for the sake of twenty quid.
Edited by: "WonkyDoctor" 20th Dec 2015

Just to throw my 2p worth in.
Posties cannot deliver Special Delivery items to anywhere but the household the item is addressed to.
They cannot leave the item with a neighbour.
They MUST obtain a signature.

Your pictures suggest that the item is still at the delivery office and also suggests that it wasn't actually sent Special Delivery.

Original Poster Banned

stuarthanley

Just to throw my 2p worth in.Posties cannot deliver Special Delivery … Just to throw my 2p worth in.Posties cannot deliver Special Delivery items to anywhere but the household the item is addressed to.They cannot leave the item with a neighbour.They MUST obtain a signature.Your pictures suggest that the item is still at the delivery office and also suggests that it wasn't actually sent Special Delivery.

I assumed it was special delivery due to the tracking number that I was given.

http://s24.postimg.org/wu0ngbf5x/2015_12_20_16_02_39.png

Checked with the sorting office, checked with royal mail, nothing happening there. Sorting office doesn't have anything, and royal mail have said they need two weeks before it considers it lost.
Edited by: "WonkyDoctor" 20th Dec 2015

WonkyDoctor

I assumed it was special delivery due to the tracking number that I was … I assumed it was special delivery due to the tracking number that I was given. Checked with the sorting office, checked with royal mail, nothing happening there. Sorting office doesn't have anything, and royal mail have said they need two weeks before it considers it lost.

That looks like it's jus tracked delivery which doesn't require a signature

WonkyDoctor

Also, if I refused package they (lookfantastic) may turn around and … Also, if I refused package they (lookfantastic) may turn around and charge me for the delivery and other charges such as restocking fee. Hopefully they get the replacement to me soon and with any luck I'll still have enough time to return the set I bought direct from GHD. Thankfully GHD have a no quibble free returns if you change your mind, alas, wish I'd gone direct and saved myself all this mess for the sake of twenty quid.

Ghd isn't free returns, but you do have until the 15h of Jan to return!

Original Poster Banned

b1505

Ghd isn't free returns, but you do have until the 15h of Jan to return!

Everytime I've ordered from them there's always been a freepost returns slip, order from them every couple of months.

Either way, if I do have to l return it I have some free parcel credit with a courier.

WonkyDoctor

I assumed it was special delivery due to the tracking number that I was … I assumed it was special delivery due to the tracking number that I was given. Checked with the sorting office, checked with royal mail, nothing happening there. Sorting office doesn't have anything, and royal mail have said they need two weeks before it considers it lost.

That is just a tracked no signature required delivery mate.
Fingers crossed you get it sorted either way

Original Poster Banned

Not that anyone's interested, but I've still no refund or replacement. When I enquire I get the feeling I'm being fobbed off. Been told they are still investigating where the package has been delivered too..

Is there a cut off time where I can demand a replacement or refund? Seeing as I paid on the 10th of December.
Post a comment
@
    Text