Looking a deal on AirPods

Found 1st May
I’ve been patiently waiting for weeks but nothing has come up. Does anyone know of any good deals?

Many thanks!
Community Updates
9 Comments
Would save your money and invest in a decent pair of in ear wireless headphones. The AirPods are ridiculously over priced for the quality that they are.
Plus personally I think they look odd when in.
andy1861861 h, 50 m ago

Would save your money and invest in a decent pair of in ear wireless …Would save your money and invest in a decent pair of in ear wireless headphones. The AirPods are ridiculously over priced for the quality that they are. Plus personally I think they look odd when in.

Have a look on GearBest , some really good copies of the AirPod there too
There are never really any deals on them, I wouldn’t buy them personally they are very overpriced. They work really well though, like everything Apple releases just expensive.

No point in buying a copy they won’t do any of the things that make the AirPods different from ordinary headphones
£127 at o2 website w student discount
It's Apple they'll never be any large savings on any of their products as it goes against the premium product ethos.
Thanks all! It was a bit absent minded of me to think they’d be a good deal on an Apple product. And I agree with the above on being over priced. However after researching they looked like the best fit for me. Will check out o2. Thanks again for you help. Very much appreciated 🔥
When the AirPods came out I thought it was a gimmick and that it was ridiculous to spend that much... then I bought a pair of wireless Beats via Amazon Warehouse + 20% off, tried them on and instantly realised why I’d have to go for the AirPods. I’ve used Apple’s earpods for a long time now and they fit my ears perfectly (I know that’s not the case for everyone, so your mileage will vary). I wanted that same comfortable feel that allows me to wear them for several hours - as opposed to the in-ear headphones, which I found uncomfortable.

I got mine when O2 Priority were offering a discount, and got some cashback on top (don’t forget cashback if you do end up buying them through O2).

In my case they stopped being a gimmick when I needed earphones to connect to my projector to be able to watch movies anytime without bothering others. Plus, that saved me having to bother getting proper speakers for the projector, and I notice the projector’s noise even less. Triple win.

However, supporting bluetooth 4.2 means their range is not that great. I thought I’d be able to walk around the flat while leaving my phone in my room, but the signal gets cut off quickly, especially if there’s a wall in the way.

There are rumours of AirPods 2 coming out later this year, so if I were looking to buy them now, I would wait until the WWDC keynote on 4 June 2018. But then again, other rumours say they may only go on sale in 2019, so...

Bluetooth 5 support will definitely be worth it (better range, ability to pair two devices simultaneously, faster data transfer).

In the meantime, the current AirPods are still a great choice, depending on your needs. For regular use I still depend on my wired EarPods, mainly because they don’t run out of battery and will still work when I turn Airplane mode on (e.g., on a plane ).

Anyway, sorry for the long post, didn’t plan to write this much, but thought I might as well share some insight into why/why not they may be a good purchase.
Ahhh super thanks for that melonmanias! A lot of what you’ve said there is how I’ve thought about them. Surprised to hear the connection is weak, I have wireless earbuds and earphones can roam around the house quiet freely with both. I still haven’t checked out o2 so I’ll do that, and also consider waiting for news from WWDC.

Thanks again 🏻
Sure Yes, they’re pretty good at connecting to Apple devices, but the connection could be more stable (from my very short experience, the Beats X I tried did seem a bit more stable when listening from across the flat).

Good luck with finding a good deal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions