Looking at 32" lcd for bedroom - thought this bundle looked decent - thoughts?

Found 2nd Aug 2008
As title, I'm looking to get an lcd for the bedroom, as my wife is pregnant at the moment, so wanted to give her something to view when she's having a rest in the bedroom etc.

Noted another good deal on here for a TOSHIBA 32AV505D - went to Dixons online and saw this deal:

TOSHIBA 32AV505D + Wii 32" HD Ready LCD TV with Nintendo Wii & Wii Sports pack £485.99 - the lcd on it's own is £347.09

Contains the tv, Wii with sports games, and 'swordfish sports pack' - wee tennis racket golf club & baseball bat.

I thought this seemed pretty good - it might tempt me to spend the extra £138.90 to get a wii - as I was considering gettin one for a laugh.

Thoughts?

7 Comments

seems good m8

If you do get it from the Dixons website don't forget that you can get 3% back if you go through Quidco.

Original Poster

Yeah, thought the quidco was an extra incentive - £14.58 off, making it £471.41.

I have almost that setup but with a 37"AV505D and it's very nice, but!!! for some reason the Wii looks aweful using the standard lead... all pixelated and half missing.
Luckily, using a component lead it looks amazing set to 480p, so I'm pretty sure you wil have to factor a wii component lead into the cost.

Original Poster

Meangreenie - does the Wii accept hdmi - sorry, don't know a great deal about them.

Original Poster

Sorry, just read it only takes component as it's not HD.

This is a great TV for the money. A lot of the budget ones really aren't worth bothering with (better sticking with your CRT) but this has a nice sharp picture. Let us know how you get on with it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247626
    2. Cat Chat78760
    3. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …11
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769460

See more discussions