Looking at buying the Blackberry 8520 from play.com but have one question.

16 replies
Found 16th Jun 2010
Does it come with any branding on the phone, I don't want it all over the casing! A few pics i've seen show it on the bottom of the phone, but the picture from play.com doesn't show it.

Has anyone bought one from there? thanks

16 Comments

Original Poster

its this one
]http//ww…tml

the likelihood is that it probably does (but i havent brought a phone from play.com)
but judging by other phones it probably has a small operator logo at the bottom of the handset and that's it

spot_a_deal;8853167

the likelihood is that it probably does (but i havent brought a phone … the likelihood is that it probably does (but i havent brought a phone from play.com)but judging by other phones it probably has a small operator logo at the bottom of the handset and that's it

+1... And maybe the name of the operator on the screen upon switching it on :thumbsup:.

Pr3cious18;8853570

+1... And maybe the name of the operator on the screen upon switching it … +1... And maybe the name of the operator on the screen upon switching it on :thumbsup:.

yer but you can turn that off i think....

it might have some firmware (?) i believe as well

spot_a_deal;8853644

yer but you can turn that off i think....it might have some firmware … yer but you can turn that off i think....it might have some firmware (?) i believe as well

Yes, thats what I was referring to (the firmware) - couldn't remember the actual term used, lol.

Pr3cious18;8854100

Yes, thats what I was referring to (the firmware) - couldn't remember the … Yes, thats what I was referring to (the firmware) - couldn't remember the actual term used, lol.

loooool ok
we got there in the end looooool

my blackberry 9700 had orange written on the bottom, managed to scratch that off pretty easily lol but still comes up with orange on start up etc that doesnt bother me. So I assume the curve would be similar

here you go might get quite scratched trying to get this off

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/2074/579j.jpg

Original Poster

thanks for the info everyone, but i don't think i'll risk trying the scratching lol

if there's anyone that's bought one from play please let me know if there's a logo on it!

Orange is pritned with like a thick acrylicy type of logo as far as i have seen so far, tmobile is like your standard thin logo paint which is so shallow using a penny would have more damage to the bezel than trying to get Orange off

Couldn't you take it back if it has a branding on the phone and say it isn't as described - the pictures on the website have no t-mobile branding on them.

It does have t-mobile branding on, ordered one two weeks ago.

Original Poster

t0mm;8854652

It does have t-mobile branding on, ordered one two weeks ago.

thanks for that, will avoid it then!

numptyj;8854155

my blackberry 9700 had orange written on the bottom, managed to scratch … my blackberry 9700 had orange written on the bottom, managed to scratch that off pretty easily lol but still comes up with orange on start up etc that doesnt bother me. So I assume the curve would be similarhere you go might get quite scratched trying to get this off

been looking at the 9700 today,,,whats your verdict is it any good???

longbowassassin;8855003

been looking at the 9700 today,,,whats your verdict is it any good???

yeah its a great little bit of kit, really easy to use, good for all round use and good battery life also

Lost Symphonies;8854493

Couldn't you take it back if it has a branding on the phone and say it … Couldn't you take it back if it has a branding on the phone and say it isn't as described - the pictures on the website have no t-mobile branding on them.

it states in the title though "t mobile" so im sure they play could get out of it that way if there was a dispute
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions