Looking for 7 seater any deal or suggestion

Posted 1st Oct
Hello everyone ,

I am looking for following any suggestions:

1) 7 seater ( Back if adult can use for short journey that would be great)
2) used or new doesn’t matter
3) budget £275 max
4) deposit £1500
5) if possible will keep it running for 3-4 years
6) if lease comes out to be cheaper why not ?
7) Comfortable to ride and economic.

My current situation 4 adults and 2 toddler (4 years and 2 years of age )

Any suggestion and offer world be great?

Yours faithfully
Community Updates
21 Comments
We have Kia Sorento but it is not economic in the slightest. Great car apart from being thirsty
Mine only do 29mpg, 2ltr mazda5
astrapartytime01/10/2019 18:39

Mine only do 29mpg, 2ltr mazda5

Sorento does 35ish. 2.2L diesel. Can get up a 1 in 8 in 6th gear though
jayhutton1001/10/2019 18:43

Mine's petrol
Kia Carens, Renault Grand Scenic, S Max or one of the new Citroen Berlingo vans
I don't quite understand your requirements. You mention a £275 budget and £1500 budget which sounds like a per month figure for a brand new car. Then you say you want something that'll run for 3-4 years if possible which suggests you're after a car that's seven or eight year old car.

A Renault Grand Scenic is a safe bet though. They've always been comfortable and economical (50mpg)+ and the current model is one of the prettiest cars on the market.
Currently got a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 1.6 ecoflex cdti. Drives nice enough, Fairly cheap and well spec'd. Probably struggle to get any adults in boot though. Had to have a new clutch and flywheel which cost nearly £900. Also had to replace a glowplug which cost over £100 as it has a pressure sensor on it has two of those and two normal ones. It's a got 108k on it and it drives like new. I get around 46.2mpg mixture of driving.

Previously had a petrol Smax and that was a nice drive and if it had been newer I would have kept it. They're nearly two times more expensive as Zafira Tourers or would of had another.

Ford Galaxy fits adults in back, drives similar to Smax as it basically is one but bigger.

Sharan/Alhambra are decent too but a little boring looking and probably more than all the others.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 1st Oct
Peugeot 5008 1.6 bluehdi auto.
I do one motorway journey a month 60 miles each way and the rest of my journeys are local.
I get 38-43 mpg.
Im 5.4 and can sit in the back ok.

there should be a lot of pre reg cars coming up now.
EndlessWaves01/10/2019 19:53

I don't quite understand your requirements. You mention a £275 budget and …I don't quite understand your requirements. You mention a £275 budget and £1500 budget which sounds like a per month figure for a brand new car. Then you say you want something that'll run for 3-4 years if possible which suggests you're after a car that's seven or eight year old car.A Renault Grand Scenic is a safe bet though. They've always been comfortable and economical (50mpg)+ and the current model is one of the prettiest cars on the market.

Hello there ,

Thank you for getting back . £275 on pcp with deposit money available £1500 so I proposed for options and see what best out their . Some older model on pcp is coming high . i.e. older x5 or land rover . Few cars I have looked at as per aforementioned model can be even 9 years old and pcp is over £300 . I hope this clears the query to help me and offer options
There are always people trying their luck. £275 a month is 10k depreciation over three years. A 9 year old to 12 year old car isn't going to drop £10k in value unless it's an Aston Martin or something.

I suspect they're including the cost of it being scrapped entirely in which case it's likely a similar price to just buying the car outright (Hire purchase or a loan).

Plus the likes of a Discovery or X5 definitely won't tick the economical box. You'd be lucky to get over 30mpg.
EndlessWaves02/10/2019 12:25

There are always people trying their luck. £275 a month is 10k …There are always people trying their luck. £275 a month is 10k depreciation over three years. A 9 year old to 12 year old car isn't going to drop £10k in value unless it's an Aston Martin or something. I suspect they're including the cost of it being scrapped entirely in which case it's likely a similar price to just buying the car outright (Hire purchase or a loan).Plus the likes of a Discovery or X5 definitely won't tick the economical box. You'd be lucky to get over 30mpg.

Really kind of you . You are right on economy and overall cost
I’m looking for a deal in that same criteria as well. I’m contemplating even getting an approved used Kia or a lease.
eshaq78604/10/2019 15:02

I’m looking for a deal in that same criteria as well. I’m contemplating eve …I’m looking for a deal in that same criteria as well. I’m contemplating even getting an approved used Kia or a lease.

Good idea . Actually looking for the right place and the deal
jayhutton1001/10/2019 18:43

That's handy
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned VW Touran?
deeky04/10/2019 19:11

This is my second on shortlist now
deeky04/10/2019 19:11

Because it's boring and a little small for adults in rear, Decent though.
.MUFC.04/10/2019 23:22

Because it's boring and a little small for adults in rear, Decent though.

Sorry, I missed the part where he said it had to be exciting
deeky05/10/2019 03:20

It's a good suggestion as it is supposed to be one of the best in it's class.
deeky05/10/2019 03:20

Lol yes indeed the part I was looking at
We were also looking at XC90 but they are expensive (although hold value AFAIK)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants