Expired

Looking for a 1080p laptop with 3rd gen i5

Found 21st Jan 2013
Been looking over the past few days for a new laptop with 1080p display and a third gen i5.

Reasonable memory and HDD would be ok, no need for a dedicated video card.

Budget is about £500 tops, anything around?

9 Comments

Mod & Ed

Afternoon op, I am not very techie so I asked someone who is (Barky) to have a look around for you & they found this one HERE is still in stock & despite the rather "wooly" description on Amazon members in the thread have confirmed its definately i5.

But that doesn't appear to be 1080p donkles. Go back and check with Barky. X)

OP, take your £500 here Dell Outlet

The full spec is listed on each one. They are 'refurbished' units but in reality they are mostly returns from people who have simply changed their minds. There are some 'scratch and dent' items which as the name suggests, may have some visible defects, but they still come with full warranty.

Bang for bucks, you'll struggle to get better.

Keep a watch on it. The inventory changes daily (I think) and the best ones get snapped up very quickly.

As an example, this is currently listed:

Inspiron 15R - 7520
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M (2.50GHz, 3MB cache)
Windows® 8 64bit (Englilsh)
6 GB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
750 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Display: 15.6in Full High Definition (1080p) WLED with AntiGlare
Graphics: 2 GB AMD Radeon HD 7730M Card
Back Up Media Not Included
Windows® 8 64bit (Englilsh)
Wireless : Intel 2230 Wireless Card + BT
LCD Back Cover : Aluminium
LCD Back Cover : Aluminium
Battery : Primary 6 Cell 48W/HR
Internal Qwerty Keyboard

£321 EXCLVAT & Del., so about £400 all inc.
Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Jan 2013

Original Poster

Thanks deeky, I bought one identical to the one above with a BluRay drive for £398 delivered!

Brydo666

Thanks deeky, I bought one identical to the one above with a BluRay drive … Thanks deeky, I bought one identical to the one above with a BluRay drive for £398 delivered!

That's brilliant news! Glad I could help

is there any more options as I need 1 laptop as well similar specs but I prefer I7

struggle

is there any more options as I need 1 laptop as well similar specs but I … is there any more options as I need 1 laptop as well similar specs but I prefer I7

Just go here Dell Outlet to check the inventory. On the left hand side you can check the 'Intel Core i7' box to filter down to all the i7's available.

Edited by: "deeky" 23rd Jan 2013

not many there I ll look again but there is no option of extended warranty which I'm keen on getting

Original Poster

Received my laptop from the Dell outlet just over a week, very impressed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions