Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a 500/600w ATX PSU

Hi everyone, I brought one of the 300 pound Quad Core Dells that were posted on here last year, and have kitted it out with a few nice bits and pieces (Zalman cooler, HD4850, new case fans etc) I also replaced the stock PSU with an 480W XPower Light power unit.

I'm starting to wonder though if the PSU has enough grunt to power the system, as I have been getting a lot of problems with vsync issues whilst watching videos and scrolling down on webpages (Even after a reinstall and updating Catalyst drivers) Do you think it would be worth putting in a more powerful PSU, or is the GFX card FUBAR'd?

If it is the PSU, what options have I got at below 50 quid? I have seen a few 750w PSU on ebay for about £35 delivered. Are they any good? I would like a PSU that doesn't drink a lot of "juice" And I worry that the ones on ebay look a bit dodgy.

Thanks in advance for all your help

4 Comments

Cheap hi power PSU's - usually rubbish.

I'd recommend the FSP 700w PSU - Scan have it for £30 every now and again and it's seriously good. No idea how they sell them at that price!

Original Poster

Thanks for the info on the "cheap hi powered" PSUs How often do Scan do deals on their PSUs?

used to be every week or so.

Usually you get what you pay for - stay with brands like PCP&C, FSP, Corsair, Coolermaster, Antec, Fortran etc.

Original Poster

Jakg;5191276

used to be every week or so.Usually you get what you pay for - stay with … used to be every week or so.Usually you get what you pay for - stay with brands like PCP&C, FSP, Corsair, Coolermaster, Antec, Fortran etc.

Thanks, I'll keep looking : )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment55
      2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy710
      3. Selling advice44
      4. Recommend a free reminder app912

See more discussions