Looking for a 70cm X 120cm Cavas Frame

Posted 15th Oct
I can't find one apart from one on Amazon for £50-odd but not keen on the thick frame.

• buying a canvas 70x120 cm from China but can't find a frame to put it in!
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
A frame is quite a 'personal' thing really. It has to complement the picture and the environment it's going in. Have you considered a picture framer? You can choose a frame moulding from a wide selection and some of the 'plastic' lower cost mouldings can be quite appealing.

Alternatively, if the picture composition allows, maybe re-stretch it to a smaller size? At least one closer to a size of frame more suited to your budget.

All the best, Phsy.
Phsycronix15/10/2019 19:48

A frame is quite a 'personal' thing really. It has to complement the …A frame is quite a 'personal' thing really. It has to complement the picture and the environment it's going in. Have you considered a picture framer? You can choose a frame moulding from a wide selection and some of the 'plastic' lower cost mouldings can be quite appealing.Alternatively, if the picture composition allows, maybe re-stretch it to a smaller size? At least one closer to a size of frame more suited to your budget.All the best, Phsy.

Well one person quoted me £200 per frame... A bit ridiculous/ or just not in my budget
wallstreetcrash15/10/2019 22:17

Well one person quoted me £200 per frame... A bit ridiculous/ or just not …Well one person quoted me £200 per frame... A bit ridiculous/ or just not in my budget

Hi wsc. Yes, some framers aren't cheap. I used to wholesale supply to them. Quotes can vary wildly. What you want is a "shedder" i.e. a local bod who frames from home near you. They don't have the same overheads as an actual shop-based framing studio. Try 'Googling' "Picture Framing" and your town/village and see what it throws up.

Have you considered DIY? You can buy some real basic kit and make your own frame. If you have any DIY skill that is. All you need is the moulding (bought in metered lengths) and a mitre saw to cut it. Then you can underpin (join the corners) either by hand or stapling. Glue the joint(s) prior to this. then panel pin the canvas into the frame and use whatever type of hanger you want on the back.

Might be a fun little project if you fancy that kind of challenge?
Ok need to YouTube a way to do it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants