Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a Beginners Guitar?

Right i want to try learning guitar, i did buy a second hand one off a friend and it wasn't particularly good, it didn't tune properly and the strings were so far from the fret board it made it really hard for me to learn. Since i have had ago on one of my friends newer and it was much easier to play. Cause im not amazing and dont no how long ill last my budget is a hundred quid. I hope i should be able to get something alright for this?

Also if anyone noes of any good instructional vids that would be cool. Ive seen this on ebay but i really dont no anything about guitars

cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUD…307

Seems alright cause it comes with videos as well

so any help would be great thanks

5 Comments

To be honest you can't beat good old Argos for this
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm

lots of tutor video's on Youtube for free as well!

Second hand guitars from a music shop is always worth a look, you get to try before you buy. Just because its been scratched and used, doesn't indicate it wont play well and sound great. Its easier to lower the action on a good guitar, generally the neck and truss rod are more responsive.

dr_aj;4952796

Second hand guitars from a music shop is always worth a look, you get to … Second hand guitars from a music shop is always worth a look, you get to try before you buy. Just because its been scratched and used, doesn't indicate it wont play well and sound great. Its easier to lower the action on a good guitar, generally the neck and truss rod are more responsive.

Yes that's true and i have several second hand guitars but i find most beginers love the "new" guitar feel but i do suggest getting them set up well.

Original Poster

mikebike;4952835

Yes that's true and i have several second hand guitars but i find most … Yes that's true and i have several second hand guitars but i find most beginers love the "new" guitar feel but i do suggest getting them set up well.

Cool thanks for the response's, ill try get me mate to come along to a shop with me to check out some second hand ones, Otherwise ill go for the argos one, where could i get it set up? in a shop or would it be good anyway as its new out the box?

Thanks Jim

trouty500;4953359

Cool thanks for the response's, ill try get me mate to come along to a … Cool thanks for the response's, ill try get me mate to come along to a shop with me to check out some second hand ones, Otherwise ill go for the argos one, where could i get it set up? in a shop or would it be good anyway as its new out the box?Thanks Jim

A good guitar/music shop should help or one thing you could try is to see if there are any local night classes- cheap and fun and you learn the basics with people like you and of course setup is part of the course!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1826
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      3. Cat Chat76734
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394

See more discussions