Looking For A Big Battery, AMOLED Phone With NFC & OIS

Found 21st MayEdited by:"No1_VIPER"
I currently have the ZTE Axon 7, but I'm a heavy user and need more battery life. At the minute I'm only getting between 3 and 4 hours SOT.

Here's what I'm after:

- AMOLED screen (minimum 1080p)
- At least 4000mAh
- At least Snapdragon 820 or equivalent
- At least 4GB RAM
- Micro SD slot or 128GB internal storage if not
- NFC as I use Google Pay quite a lot
- Headphone jack
- OIS on the camera
- Band 20 LTE
- Stock Android or as close as possible

If possible:
- Front facing stereo speakers, or some kind of stereo set up.

I know this quite a lot to ask for, and probably why I'm struggling to find anything. But if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.
Community Updates
11 Comments
I'm the most untechy person on here , so excuse my suggestion if it's no good , but I have the Lenovo P2 , not sure about all your needs but has outstanding battery life , meets your requirements for 1080 AMOLED screen, headphone jack ,stock android ,5100mah snapdragon ( I know people updated their phones operating system , but that's all too techy for me)there is a massive thread on here somewhere from when we all got ours meets your ram needs , nfc, it's dual sim , but if you only use one you can use the second tray for a micro sd instead. I got mine from 3 when they first came out and I love it , only charge every few days even on heavy use . I know you can still buy from Amazon , although the price keeps going up , mine was £199 new , but you are looking at £300+ now unfortunately.

Re OIS , I think some people started to use the open camera app on this phone and other apps

amazon.co.uk/Len…XXT
Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 22nd May
@tinkerbellian Thanks for the reply. I actually had the Lenovo P2, before I got the ZTE Axon 7. It was a really good phone, but the processor was a little on the weak side for my liking. The other thing about the Lenovo P2 was that the camera wasn't great. It didn't have OIS. I do really miss the battery life of it though.

I don't understand the obsession of the flagship phones being really thin. I'd happily buy them if they were the same thickness as the Lenovo P2, as battery life is far more important than having a thin phone.
The Huawei Mate 10 Pro ticks most of, if not all of the boxes*

I have one and it's blooming marvellous.

*Except the headphone jack one. But you do get a 3.5mm adapter in the box.
Edited by: "preecey" 22nd May
preecey7 h, 16 m ago

The Huawei Mate 10 Pro ticks most of, if not all of the boxes*I have one …The Huawei Mate 10 Pro ticks most of, if not all of the boxes*I have one and it's blooming marvellous.*Except the headphone jack one. But you do get a 3.5mm adapter in the box.

"Stock Android or as close as possible"

This one too
rev65 h, 44 m ago

"Stock Android or as close as possible"This one too

Nothing wrong with EMUI. I personally think it's amazing. Where is your sarcasm coming from?
preecey5 m ago

Nothing wrong with EMUI. I personally think it's amazing. Where is your …Nothing wrong with EMUI. I personally think it's amazing. Where is your sarcasm coming from?

Huh? They ask for specific specs. EMUI is not stock, or close to stock Android. I never said it was crap.
Edited by: "rev6" 22nd May
rev61 m ago

Huh?

I don't understand where you're coming from.

If the OP doesn't like EMUI, they are free to install another launcher.
preecey1 m ago

I don't understand where you're coming from. If the OP doesn't like EMUI, …I don't understand where you're coming from. If the OP doesn't like EMUI, they are free to install another launcher.

Read above. And EMUI is more than a launcher.
preecey15 h, 3 m ago

The Huawei Mate 10 Pro ticks most of, if not all of the boxes*I have one …The Huawei Mate 10 Pro ticks most of, if not all of the boxes*I have one and it's blooming marvellous.*Except the headphone jack one. But you do get a 3.5mm adapter in the box.

I've had quick look at the Mate 10 Pro. It does look pretty good. I like that the settings has a dark mode. I think all OLED screen phones should have this as an option. I have a couple of questions though...

- Firstly can you disable/hide the on screen navigation buttons, so you can use things like this: play.google.com/sto…bar

- Second how is the general performance? Have experienced any stutters or lag?

- Finally what is your opinion of the camera? In the reviews I've seen they tend to say that it overexposes and oversharpens pictures quite a lot.

Edit: I forgot to ask, how is the sound quality from the dual speakers? Again on reviews I've seen, they tend to say its a little weak and not that good.

Another thing I've just come across in a review, is that the Mate 10 Pro doesn't show notifications on the lockscreen. Can this be turned on somewhere in the settings?
Edited by: "No1_VIPER" 22nd May
I replaced my Lenovo P2 with a Vernee X.

Camera is still not up to Flagship quality but as good as any other midrange phone out there and way better than the P2 was.

Battery is a 6200Mah Monster, I'm seeing 4 days moderate use, 3 days heavy use between charges!

Midrange CPU is very capable helped by 6Gb Ram and 128Gb storage.

You can pick one up from Gearbest/Aliexpress for around £200
Amazing phoen for the money.
I ended up going for the Mate 10 Pro. Managed to find one as new with all the original accessories for £395 on eBay.

Thanks for the help and recommendations guys.
Edited by: "No1_VIPER" 29th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants