looking for a blue ray player with region free DVD playback..

Posted 29th Oct
I'm looking for a Blueray player where the DVD playback is region free. (I've lived in a few different places, and built up a collection of DVDs). Looking on eBay or Amazon they seem pretty expensive and appear to be imported.
Does anybody have any pointed on where I can get a deal on one?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Richer Sounds .
If no one comes up with an answer shortly. I’ll go dog out model number for mine. Can’t remrmber where I got it but wasn’t expensive £30ish I think?!
I have a Panasonic (few years old) and to set that to dvd multi region you needed to press some buttons on a remote or use an all 4 one remote. Was easy to do
Phillips Blu-ray player can usually be unlocked.
I can’t remember the Phillips model I have but was unlocked in 2 mins using its remote and code

find a player and google it using- say Philips bdp2100 hack

I found my hack on here

videohelp.com/dvd…174
Edited by: "bigwheels" 30th Oct
AW007929/10/2019 23:23

Richer Sounds .

I take it they don't openly state this ...??
adriang6830/10/2019 07:33

I take it they don't openly state this ...??

I haven't got a blue ray player but when i bought my dvd player, a Sony, i went there because i knew they sold multi region players .
Edited by: "AW0079" 30th Oct
Mines a Toshiba BDX3200. Which is years old so I guess it’s been superseded by a different model. But I bought this specifically because it had a ‘cheat code’ to make it multitegion
AW007930/10/2019 07:39

I haven't got a blue ray player but when i bought my dvd player, a Sony, i …I haven't got a blue ray player but when i bought my dvd player, a Sony, i went there because i knew the sold multi region players .

thanks.. it's a good tip.
Here are some on Amazon starting at £65.00.
List low to high.

amazon.co.uk/Blu…ank
Multi region free Blu-Ray and Dvd here from £150.00

mrmdvd.com/cat…159
OP. If this is just for multiregion dvd playback, then buy a Panasonic Blu ray player and one of these from this seller. ebay.co.uk/itm…YjS

That will give you what you need if it’s just for multiregion dvd playback.

If you want multiregion blu ray playback, then it’s best to use the link to multiregion magic that was posted above by @bigwheels
Edited by: "Biddy2" 30th Oct
Wanted to give some feedback on this, just in case somebody has the same question.

I took the advice f of looking on the Videohelp site for what 'region locked' players can be easily unlocked.

I ended up getting a Samsung one, and unlocked it myself.

I looked around for a deal, with the added bonus of no added premiums for buying one already done, plus the remote is compatible with my Samsung TV.

Thanks to all for the advice.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants