Expired

Looking for a BMX bike budget up to 180-200

Found 22nd Aug 2014
I want to buy a reasonable and lighter bike for my boy. He is 10 but i want it to last.
I would love it to be light and of fair quality. I dont think i need to go to big sports shops to buy.......

But need some advice on pointers

Kerry - dad aged 49.1/4

Thanks for any bike tips or actual selling.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Bike
  3. BMX
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Bike
  3. BMX
7 Comments
IMHO BMX is old school - not sure if that's what you think is best or your son has asked for

That said I would take my son to the nearest Decathlon and get him to look around, test ride and get some advice

Decathlon offer free delivery (over £70) Warranty's on frames/forks (subject to well you know the stuff)

When your son has decided - read the reviews and talk to him if it don't sound good

Good luck
Halfords have a bad reputation, but a good selection. If you have one near then may be worth a go. A local indie shop is always worth a shot too, they can be a bit more expensive but that can be better than buying blind from ebay/amazon.

Otherwise, take a risk on a buying from Gumtree - some great bargains but it is an easy way to offload a stolen bike.
Well has your son asked for a bmx or mountain bike ?? or don't you know what he wants and you have guessed a bmx would be best ??? most kids of his age want or have a mountain bike, a 20" or 24" wheel child's bike. for advise and reviews on what to get have a look on a website called. bike radar. but don't buy a bike from any supermarket or sports direct . after you know if it's a bmx or mountain bike your after come back to us and hopefully we can help you more.
Original Poster
philphil61

IMHO BMX is old school - not sure if that's what you think is best or … IMHO BMX is old school - not sure if that's what you think is best or your son has asked forThat said I would take my son to the nearest Decathlon and get him to look around, test ride and get some adviceDecathlon offer free delivery (over £70) Warranty's on frames/forks (subject to well you know the stuff) When your son has decided - read the reviews and talk to him if it don't sound goodGood luck

went there thanks. onky a few bmx though
Original Poster
AberdeenDad

Halfords have a bad reputation, but a good selection. If you have one … Halfords have a bad reputation, but a good selection. If you have one near then may be worth a go. A local indie shop is always worth a shot too, they can be a bit more expensive but that can be better than buying blind from ebay/amazon.Otherwise, take a risk on a buying from Gumtree - some great bargains but it is an easy way to offload a stolen bike.

thankyou
Original Poster
winter_zombie

Well has your son asked for a bmx or mountain bike ?? or don't you know … Well has your son asked for a bmx or mountain bike ?? or don't you know what he wants and you have guessed a bmx would be best ??? most kids of his age want or have a mountain bike, a 20" or 24" wheel child's bike. for advise and reviews on what to get have a look on a website called. bike radar. but don't buy a bike from any supermarket or sports direct . after you know if it's a bmx or mountain bike your after come back to us and hopefully we can help you more.

lol he wants a bmx
well if he wants a bmx here is your top best buys for under £200.
bikeradar.com/gea…53/

BUT remember if you want to save quite a lot of money once you have picked the bike your after go onto ebay and have a look for it on their. you may be able to get it for around half the new price, so you would be able to get him a helmet and a few other bits to keep him safe and his bike safe. hope this helps im not a bmx rider but i have been mountain biking for about 20 years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants