Groups

Looking for a camcorder.....any good ones guys?

Looking for a camcorder for OHs xmas. I don't have a clue about these kind of things and was just wondering if any of you lovely fellow HUKDs could point me out some good ones.

Looking to spend between £100-£150

Rep for any help

11 Comments

good site i use is Kelkoo for situations like this, you can search for what you want and pick your own price range and see small reviews, hope it helps, this link directs to what i think you would want

]http//au…501

Original Poster

jonesytheblade;7046598

good site i use is Kelkoo for situations like this, you can search for … good site i use is Kelkoo for situations like this, you can search for what you want and pick your own price range and see small reviews, hope it helps, this link directs to what i think you would want]http://audiovisual.kelkoo.co.uk/ni/d-camcorders,Epound_90_-_Epound_160-123501

Thank you, will give it a try

Rep for your help :thumbsup:

munnski;7046637

Thank you, will give it a tryRep for your help :thumbsup:

thankyou kindly! :thumbsup:

make sure you compare prices to get it from cheapest place if you see one you like, there can be massive differences

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7046648

Get a proper branded one, not one of these rubbish tiny things.

Yeah thats what I was thinking too, thank you

jonesytheblade;7046691

thankyou kindly! :thumbsup:make sure you compare prices to get it from … thankyou kindly! :thumbsup:make sure you compare prices to get it from cheapest place if you see one you like, there can be massive differences

Yeah I will, thanks very much :-D

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7046803

Also think about what you want to do with it. Minidv tape gives the best … Also think about what you want to do with it. Minidv tape gives the best quality but is a bit of a faff getting it off but is good for editing. DVD is obviously pretty easy as you just stick it in the player, but they use mini ones which cost a little more. Hard drive or SD card is probs the best bet as it's easy to use with a PC, easy to edit, and should come with software to put it onto a DVD. SD is good due to the cards been so cheap and easy to switch out (ie keep the footage on the carda s a backup, and but a new one when full).

Thank you, have repped you for your help. Think I am going to go down the SD card route as I think that one will be the easiest

Original Poster

dcx_badass;7046859

Optical zoom is quite handy but all proper cameras should have at least … Optical zoom is quite handy but all proper cameras should have at least 20x anyway, so keep that in mind. I think Canon do a 720 (High definition), SD card model for close to £150ish, because Work bought one in April, I didn't get chance to use it, but Canon should be fine. Sony, Panasonic etc, all good aswell.

Thanks for that, some nice info and tips there for me to look out for, as I don't have a clue! So thank you

Original Poster

Does this one seem any good guys? Although it does seem to only have a 10x optical zoom ?

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster

the porter;7046920

why dont u spend a bit more buy the panny tz7 then u get a fantastic … why dont u spend a bit more buy the panny tz7 then u get a fantastic point and shoot camera and it also records high def 720p avchd all be it in 20 min spurts

How much are they? Do you have a wee link or picture of it?

I'm selling an SD camcorder - gonna post it on here tomorrow.

It's a Panasonic SDR-S7 - it is second hand but in great nick.

Original Poster

moob;7047225

I'm selling an SD camcorder - gonna post it on here tomorrow.It's a … I'm selling an SD camcorder - gonna post it on here tomorrow.It's a Panasonic SDR-S7 - it is second hand but in great nick.

Let me know when you post it and I will take a look

Dazz285;7047421

Tryhttp://www.trustedreviews.com/laptops/review/2009/11/25/TrustedReviews-Awards-2009/p11

dcx_badass;7048293

Yeah that Samsung looks ok, 10x zoom is ok, it's upto you if you think … Yeah that Samsung looks ok, 10x zoom is ok, it's upto you if you think that's enough for you. At the person who suggested the TZ-7, it's a good camera but it's well over thier budget and won't do as good video as a proper video camera.I'd check out some other stores aswell before you buy.The samsung you found is £119 on Amazon. Also here's a few others:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Camileo-H20-1080p-Camcorder/dp/B001TI5CJ6/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=electronics&qid=1259529326&sr=1-8http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-Camileo-1080p-Definition-Camcorder/dp/B001VQ5DQS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=electronics&qid=1259529326&sr=1-9Although only 5x zoom, but just throwing a few out there, like the samsung is cheaper.Oh yeah Digital zoom is useless never use it or base buying something on it.

Thanks again for all this, will take a look at those other cameras, not really needing anything too technical for him so something like what you suggested should be perfect :-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1218
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2033
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767396
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would28106

See more discussions