Looking for a cd player with built in amp

Posted 8th Jul 2020
I bought a Denon m4DAB about 3 years ago that started to skip a few months ago,I tried to clean the lens with one of those Allsop cleaning discs,but it hasn't helped.
The unit has only been played for an hour a night,so I'm annoyed.
Has anyone seen anything online at a bargain price so I can have some music again,although I'm reluctant to buy Denon again after this happening.I suppose it will be a system with the amp built in to the cd player again
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Budget?
As little as possible,I have no idea how much such things cost and it would be happy for it to be an old model or even second hand seperates as long as they are in good condition and can be posted,£150 very top budget.I dont even know if that's realistic.There must be me second hand seperates somewhere for a lot cheaper,just a matter of finding them.
Edited by: "Maxim7750" 9th Jul
To be honest I think your last sentence is probably the best idea, go for second hand separates. I managed to find a Rotel RA921 amp for £50 delivered off Ebay, I don't do CD as a source but a quick search brings up lots of options for another £50. If your existing speakers are decent you could end up with quite a nice setup for not much money. How about this as an example;

ebay.co.uk/itm…228

Interestingly, when I search for 'Denon CD player' I get a screen full of 'replacement laser units' rather than players. Maybe your issues are more common? Would you be confident enough to look at replacing the laser? It would definitely be the cheapest option, even if you have to do it again in another 3 years time.
slimy3109/07/2020 08:12

To be honest I think your last sentence is probably the best idea, go for …To be honest I think your last sentence is probably the best idea, go for second hand separates. I managed to find a Rotel RA921 amp for £50 delivered off Ebay, I don't do CD as a source but a quick search brings up lots of options for another £50. If your existing speakers are decent you could end up with quite a nice setup for not much money. How about this as an example;https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotel-amp-and-technics-cd-player/303612467228Interestingly, when I search for 'Denon CD player' I get a screen full of 'replacement laser units' rather than players. Maybe your issues are more common? Would you be confident enough to look at replacing the laser? It would definitely be the cheapest option, even if you have to do it again in another 3 years time.

Hi thanks,I have set a watch on that item on Ebay,like you say I think mini Denons are known for that as I have seen a lot for sale for parts,it was so annoying seeing it had so little use,I had cd players in the past that lasted for a lot longer than that.
I wouldn't be confident enough to replace the laser,sadly.
Edited by: "Maxim7750" 9th Jul
I think I'm just going to take my time and pick each part up as I go along,so I can get something a little newer
Post a comment
@
    Text