Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a cheap ferry deal,Dover to Calais.

Hi everyone, I'm looking at going to France in a couple of weeks time, can anyone help me out here please ?

Cheapest i've found so far is £ 80 return.

As always, a big pile of rep will be heaped upon the helpful :-))

Thanks in advance.
    M.B.C

21 Comments

Hi Op
    We have been with Norfolk line a few times in last couple of years. although the cossing is dover to dunkerque the road to Calais is fast. The crossing is longer but boats are nice

didnt use the ferry as the tunnel was not much more and was excellent-would highly recommend it.

Original Poster

louloo;2868036

didnt use the ferry as the tunnel was not much more and was … didnt use the ferry as the tunnel was not much more and was excellent-would highly recommend it.

I agree, the tunnel is fantastic - I cannot fault it,but this is about keeping the cost down and the tunnel comes in at nearly £ 200 !
    Cheers

How long for and dates?

Original Poster

NattyD;2868119

How long for and dates?

Looking at going out on the 13/09 coming back on the 20th or 21st.
    Thanks

How many adults and children?

Original Poster

Den38;2868271

How many adults and children?

2 adults and 2 under 3's

Stowaway - free unless caught.

Original Poster

backtothecaves;2868325

Stowaway - free unless caught.

LOL, thanks - the kids would give the game away though !

What times are you looking at travelling this makes a big difference, on the Norfolk Line going at 4pm on Saturday and coming back either very early morning or late at night, it works out about £54.

Original Poster

NattyD;2868353

What times are you looking at travelling this makes a big difference, on … What times are you looking at travelling this makes a big difference, on the Norfolk Line going at 4pm on Saturday and coming back either very early morning or late at night, it works out about £54.

I'd be looking at leaving Dover at around 9/10 ish and leaving Calais at around 6 or 7ish.
    Cheers

Monkeybumcheeks;2868066

I agree, the tunnel is fantastic - I cannot fault it,but this is about … I agree, the tunnel is fantastic - I cannot fault it,but this is about keeping the cost down and the tunnel comes in at nearly £ 200 !Cheers

oh sorry-the norfolk line was really cheap then-but we paid around £90 for the tunnel last year-maybe cos booked in advance:oops:

Original Poster

louloo;2868519

oh sorry-the norfolk line was really cheap then-but we paid around £90 … oh sorry-the norfolk line was really cheap then-but we paid around £90 for the tunnel last year-maybe cos booked in advance:oops:

No problem - its about time they had some decent deals on the tunnel though ;-)

Monkeybumcheeks;2868544

No problem - its about time they had some decent deals on the tunnel … No problem - its about time they had some decent deals on the tunnel though ;-)

omg i got £294 for your dates and times on the tunnel!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

louloo;2868554

omg i got £294 for your dates and times on the tunnel!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, obviously I have a degree of flexibility with my times,but I want to keep under the £70 mark ideally !

C'mon people,help me out here please :w00t:

How about Dover Dunkerque Norfolkline. depart 13/09 @ 08.00 and return 21/09 @ 20.01 £62.00.

norfolkline.co.uk/fer…spx

Original Poster

NattyD;2868884

How about Dover Dunkerque Norfolkline. depart 13/09 @ 08.00 and return … How about Dover Dunkerque Norfolkline. depart 13/09 @ 08.00 and return 21/09 @ 20.01 £62.00.http://www.norfolkline.co.uk/ferry/SelectFare.aspx

Its a good price so I've repped ya,although I'd still prefer Calais !
    Thanks for a sterling effort.

C'mon..... can anyone get anywhere close to this price for Dover - Calais return ?
    Cheers

Found this code online for POFerries CSMA01 - Have a go and mess around with times, worked out at £71.00 8.25 on sat return sun @ 20.10.

poferries.com/tou…tml

]http//ww…tml

try this you might be lucky and get to travel for 1p or 2p return very hot i go mine i have also posted this deal on here :thumbsup:

speedferries.com dover to boulogne

Departure Route Vessel Arrival
    13.9.2008 18:00 Dover / Boulogne Fast Ferry 13.9.2008 19:50
    20.9.2008 10:00 Boulogne / Dover Fast Ferry 20.9.2008 09:50
    Price so far: £ 66,00
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
      2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33