Looking for a cheap-ish, decent-ish Mini DV camcorder

Hi all,

My partner bought me a JVC GR-D720 Mini DV camcorder from Amazon for Christmas which has gone missing. Lost or stolen, I don't know, but what I do know is I can't find it anywhere and it's come to the stage where I may need to purchase a new one! The thing that's worse is the camera that's gone missing had a small amount of footage from Christmas day which isn't really replaceable, but oh well.

I can't really spend more than £150, less if possible. I don't have any real specifics when it comes to the spec of the camera, I'm just looking for anything that's as good or better quality-wise than the JVC GR-D720 which is no-longer available from Amazon, and the prices are far more than it's original purchase price elsewhere.

I've found this one: amazon.co.uk/gp/…294
which is available on Play too (which means 5% off) which looks decent. I Googled a few reviews and everything seems quite positive so far.

Is there anything that I should be wary of re: this camera? Can you recommend any others?

I also see there's a £99 Samsung going, which is prob one of the cheapest prices I've seen for a Mini DV camera. amazon.co.uk/Sam…8-6 . Reviews on this one are a bit sketchy though.

Thanks for your help.

3 Comments

Does it have to be new? There is a seller on Amazon market place selling 2 JVC GR-D720. 1 for £103.99 and the other for £109.99. Might be worth considering if you were happy with the camcorder! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

peteivy;2093656

Does it have to be new? There is a seller on Amazon market place selling … Does it have to be new? There is a seller on Amazon market place selling 2 JVC GR-D720. 1 for £103.99 and the other for £109.99. Might be worth considering if you were happy with the camcorder! :thumbsup:

Cheers, I will take a look. I hadn't used the cam too much to get a real good feel for it, but it seemed good enough. I feel awful about it going missing, and I'm 99% certain I never took it out of the house the last time I saw it. I have a suspicion it went missing when the semi-in-laws were cleaning the house, and they're the sort of people who couldn't tell a laptop from a wad of A4 paper. :x

I think my partner paid about £130 for the brand new one, so if we're gonna fork out again I guess I don't mind going a couple of quid extra to get a slightly better one for around the same price.

Original Poster

Bump! :stocking:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How much would you pay for this chair?23
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764074
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846108
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2132

See more discussions