Groups

Looking for a cheap laptop/web book for my gf to surfice for final year at Uni

Right pretty straight forward really, I have about 200 to spend an need a reasonable spec web book or laptop for my gf to use for genaral surfing and maybe some word processing, with dvdrw drive as a bonus and a hard drive that will allow a few programmes to be installed any ideas people? help will be appreciated

6 Comments

Original Poster

bump

Could you explain what she's surficing for her finals (and what 'surficing' means)? It may make it easier to help you/offer advice.:whistling:

Original Poster

i.e. she can use the internet, use basic office tools, and well watch dvd's im guessing thats all a student would need it for.

Suffice?

You need to decide if you want a netbook (7" - 10") or a normal size laptop (12" - 17"). Actually if you want / need a dvd±rw drive you're not going to want a netbook as they have no optical drive of any kind.

Original Poster

yeah thats what i thought, but I dont want to fork out on a expensive laptop, was thinking a Dell Vostro, but not sure (oh an btw I am a mathematician spelling has never been a strong point so please ignore the spelling of suffice :P)

I haven't seen any dirt cheap Dell laptops for a while now so I very much doubt that you'll pick up a new Vostro for £200 at the moment, unless it's a returned unit (dell outlet) or second hand (ebay).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …67115
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764497
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846269
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2644

See more discussions