Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a cheap netbook

I'm looking for a netbook/small computer for a cheap price that I'd be able to run Linux on, this machine is mainly for light dev stuff while I'm not able to use my full desktop. This can be used/refurbished/new I'm open to anything!
    thanks in advance

8 Comments

Get a Chromebook they are based on Linux but easier less complicated and lightweight with great battery life they are also very cheap to buy

Don't worry about the small drive as you save your stuff in the cloud and google gives you 1TB of free space! Offer

Original Poster

Moonwolf1976

Don't worry about the small drive as you save your stuff in the cloud and … Don't worry about the small drive as you save your stuff in the cloud and google gives you 1TB of free space! Offer

The only issue I have is that I don't have an internet connection all of the time, so I kind of need some drive space.

I have started looking at chrome books but never tried one before.

you can use usb stick/sd cards for offline storage and still compose letters edit pictures etc but mines always connected i never take it out anywhere so haven't tried this so cant say how good it is. Web browsing and chromecasting work well
    Edited by: "Moonwolf1976" 12th Dec 2014

If you're in london & you can come pick it up from east putney station, I can give you one for free (asus 904hd)!

HP Envy looks OK, for £179 but the 32GB disk might be a problem. Or not if you're only doing light dev work on it.

store.hp.com/UKS…CNB

Here's the tech specs, it includes USB so you can get rid of Windows using an installable Linux USB

store.hp.com/UKS…CNB

I've actually got one of these, I upgraded the RAM to 2GB for peanuts. I bought it for dev work and a bit of internet but I've used it much much more than that. The local disk is bigger which is handy if you're downloading big files like iso's or running virtual machines.

amazon.co.uk/Asu…ook

jbuldr

Why not just get this cheap Lenovo laptop for £150 (after cashback)? … Why not just get this cheap Lenovo laptop for £150 (after cashback)? Stick some lightweight distro on it like bodhi or antix (some more here).

Or Lubuntu cos it works great on old and new hardware!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047081
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      4. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11

See more discussions