Groups

Looking for a cheap smartphone

Hello,

My phone's battery has given up on me. Looking to purchase a cheap (probably chinese) smartphone that will work in UK with 3G/4G on Three/EE networks. Looking for a good screen, great battery life (2 days ideally), enough RAM and processing speed to play games on it (I have a lot of time to kill on daily train commutes).

Been looking at the likes of Cubot Pro 4G and Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro. Both around 100-150£ mark. If there is something better in that price range, I'd appreciate some help.

6 Comments

I'm using a Doogee X6 Pro. £63 on Amazon last time I checked. 3000mAh battery, but usually need to charge it everyday as I'm always paying games. 5.5" screen, 2gb RAM, Android 6.0.

I have an lg G3 which is availible for around that price . Haven't tried the Chinese phones but love the g3

I've just bought the huawei p9 lite to replace my Samsung s4. paid £130 and it's excellent. fingerprint reader, 3gb ram, expandable memory etc... very good imo

Wileyfox. See Amazon

There are plenty of decent cheap phones from China, but very few have 4G at 800Mhz (band 20); this wont be an issue on some networks, but others use band 20 extensively, especially outside of major towns and cities.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

There are plenty of decent cheap phones from China, but very few have 4G … There are plenty of decent cheap phones from China, but very few have 4G at 800Mhz (band 20); this wont be an issue on some networks, but others use band 20 extensively, especially outside of major towns and cities.

I get no 4G signal on Three where I live, only a meek 3G signal. With EE there is 4G signal but it's a rural area so does that mean they'll be using band 20?

Thanks for advice I will now be trying to find a handset that has band 20.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions