Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a (cheap/okay price) high quality reusable 1L water bottle.

As above. Apparently lots of bottles are made of polycarbonates which leaks estrogen into the water, promoting cancer.

Thanks!

5 Comments

why not get a small steel flask?

still pretty light plus your water will stay a lot cooler

they're only a couple of quid or so in Asda (well - maybe a fiver) but very very durable

Poundland have some ali water bottles...:thumbsup:

Scary .......... " Apparently lots of bottles are made of polycarbonates which leaks estrogen into the water, promoting cancer "

Is this true ........? Yikes

Banned

I would say you dont have much to worry about. plastic bottles marked as 'microwave safe' do not contain the plathates that cause the enzyme bleeding. But the US and UK market have since stop manufacturing bottles of this type.

enzyme-health.blogspot.com/200…tml

fusion16;5164527

Scary .......... " Apparently lots of bottles are made of polycarbonates … Scary .......... " Apparently lots of bottles are made of polycarbonates which leaks estrogen into the water, promoting cancer " Is this true ........? Yikes

I read an article about it from an american issue of runners world and it gave you a run down on the different markings on plastic bottles. If my scanner was working I would scan the article

Flip over a bottle, and you'll see a number. Plastics are classified as 1 … Flip over a bottle, and you'll see a number. Plastics are classified as 1 to 7. Polycarbonate bottles are 7s but so are bottles that dont contain BPA. The ones some experts advise avoiding have a PC and a 7 on the bottle[1] PETE - safe for one time use[2] HDPE - considered safe[3] LDPE - considered safe[7] BPA-FREE - considered safe[7] POLYCARBONATE - some experts say throw away

The above is directly taken from runners world october 2008 issue
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress44
      2. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      3. Private Number Plate44
      4. Iptv1228

See more discussions