Looking for a combi microwave oven recommendation please

Posted 1st Apr
Looking for a good microwave combi oven which has grill + convection oven around £150.

Can anyone recommend anything please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
When buying Combination Microwaves get one with a proper fan oven , not one that heats the oven using the grill as these over heat the top of the oven. You can tell the difference when you open the oven as you can see the fan through the grills on the oven back wall. The grill only type have a solid back wall.
The illustration on this one shows what I mean by fan built into back , ebay.co.uk/itm…QoG
Edited by: "yorkie12" 1st Apr
I would recommend solo microwave + Air Fryer/ Halogen oven

I had combine microwave previously, but it doesn't live up to my expectation.
I'm also looking for microwave combi oven. Large oven take time to heat up and it's waste of energy just to heat up croissant or two in the morning. I don't like to microwave them as it make them soggy.
We even use our Panasonic to cook a full roast dinner on Sundays , normally for 4 but sometimes 6 of us. Just do meat first then roast potatoes ,etc. after. Panasonics are good but expensive.
I'm quite happy with my Kenwood 900w combi, I've used it to cook roast chicken with the convection setting.

It did a really good job the first time, second time it wasn't as good, but it's difficult because of the size, unless you use a Pyrex clear dish you have to keep pulling it out to check if its done.

As a microwave it does a good job, easy to set the timer. Rarely use any of the other settings though.
I got this for my new kitchen to go above the oven and it’s brilliant if you can save up and but better model .
40249997-idrmm.jpg
ashmac01/04/2020 15:28

I got this for my new kitchen to go above the oven and it’s brilliant if y …I got this for my new kitchen to go above the oven and it’s brilliant if you can save up and but better model . [Image]

Isn't that just a fan over though? and almost 4 x the budget stated and you could have got it £50 cheaper at Curry's currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
Bigspin01/04/2020 13:04

I'm also looking for microwave combi oven. Large oven take time to heat up …I'm also looking for microwave combi oven. Large oven take time to heat up and it's waste of energy just to heat up croissant or two in the morning. I don't like to microwave them as it make them soggy.

I stick it into air fryer
yorkie1201/04/2020 15:50

Isn't that just a fan over though? and almost 4 x the budget stated and …Isn't that just a fan over though? and almost 4 x the budget stated and you could have got it £50 cheaper at Curry's https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/ovens/bosch-serie-8-hbg634bb1b-electric-oven-black-10140714-pdt.html

Has a fan at the back , grill on top , oven side and bottom and microwave, I paid £500 from wren price match when I got a full kicthen
ashmac01/04/2020 17:18

Has a fan at the back , grill on top , oven side and bottom and microwave, …Has a fan at the back , grill on top , oven side and bottom and microwave, I paid £500 from wren price match when I got a full kicthen

That bill from AO just says it's an 'oven' usually say if they are combination microwaves.
Hmm
ashmac01/04/2020 17:18

Has a fan at the back , grill on top , oven side and bottom and microwave, …Has a fan at the back , grill on top , oven side and bottom and microwave, I paid £500 from wren price match when I got a full kicthen

Are you sure you put the right model number ? as I can't find one website that say's anything about that oven being a Microwave combination oven.It's just a regular fan oven according to these sites .Normally wouldn't have time to check but being on lock in , Stay safe people and stay in.
markselectrical.co.uk/HBG…wcB
ao.com/pro…son
hughes.co.uk/pro…wcB
yorkie1202/04/2020 09:45

Are you sure you put the right model number ? as I can't find one website …Are you sure you put the right model number ? as I can't find one website that say's anything about that oven being a Microwave combination oven.It's just a regular fan oven according to these sites .Normally wouldn't have time to check but being on lock in , Stay safe people and stay in.https://markselectrical.co.uk/HBG634BB1B_Bosch-Single-Built-In-Electric-Oven.html?referrer=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmpb0BRCBARIsAG7y4zbuW9amXpxMESRdYbS52P9bxwekqRrH8SWCDEXqZZ2QNqFpwtVKC5caAkNnEALw_wcBhttps://ao.com/product/hbg634bb1b-bosch-serie-8-electric-single-oven-black-36624-45.aspx?&WT.z_PT=MDA&WT.z_AT=Single%20Ovens&WT.z_BR=Bosch&WT.z_FT=Built%20In&WT.z_PC=HBG634BB1B_BK&WT.srch=1&WT.z_MT=Affiliate&WT.z_RTM=PHG&WT.srch=1&WT.z_MT=genieshopping&WT.z_RTM=PHG&WT.z_CN=1101l4683&WT.z_AT=&WT.z_KW=genieshopping&WT.z_KT=PriceComparisonhttps://www.hughes.co.uk/product/kitchen-appliances/built-in-appliances/built-in-oven/bosch/hbg634bb1b?pdg=pla-416866380937:kwd-416866380937:cmp-1632315032:adg-60319273417:crv-312507071674:pid-BCH-HBG634BB1B:dev-c&gclid=Cj0KCQjwmpb0BRCBARIsAG7y4zbjmDHOAuXX-VKWp-EgX70aBadZuQJ9OSbEtdXyTy0fMhX1SIigsfMaApE9EALw_wcB

Sorry my bad that’s the oven I bought

johnlewis.com/bos…093

This is it
ashmac02/04/2020 11:03

Sorry my bad that’s the oven I bought h …Sorry my bad that’s the oven I bought https://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-cmg633bb1b-built-in-compact-oven-with-microwave-black/p3320093This is it

Nice one Ashmac, thought it was funny it being full size too. Just bought one similar to that but also does steam. Mind you the jury is out on the steam thing as the oven gets saturated but it is good combined with fan oven.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions