looking for a deal on a high capacity micro sd card

LocalFound 26th Jun 2017
Put simply, I'm looking for a high capacity micro SD card to expand the storage on a Microsoft surface device... Ideally I'd be looking for 64gb+, and something with good read/write speeds so UHS1 class or better.... Any leads?

Also kinda curious about buying used micro SD cards from CeX - I've seen a few decent 128gb cards around the £30 mark there... would buying a used micro SD be similar to buying a used SSD, where performance would degrade over time etc?
Community Updates
AskCardMicro SDSD Card
15 Comments
I would be careful purchasing cards from CEX, there will be no way of knowing whether they are genuine or not.

If you purchase from Amazon make sure it is direct from them, again to avoid fakes.

I have always found Amazon, John Lewis and Argos to be the cheapest and safest when purchasing memory cards.
Original Poster
speric07

I would be careful purchasing cards from CEX, there will be no way of … I would be careful purchasing cards from CEX, there will be no way of knowing whether they are genuine or not.If you purchase from Amazon make sure it is direct from them, again to avoid fakes. I have always found Amazon, John Lewis and Argos to be the cheapest and safest when purchasing memory cards.

​well with CeX I could go in store and ask to test in my phone, and they'll offer 48 hour refund periods always.... but yeah, I agree that Amazon is usually one of the cheapest, but am just curious if I could get a 128gb for less than £40 lol
have a look on mymemory
My memory have offer on today only. 14% off. Worth looking
BDAY14 for 14% off. Today only.
moschops1

have a look on mymemory

+1
Original Poster
dorey69

My memory have offer on today only. 14% off. Worth looking

Amazons still cheaper, ish.... and with free next day delivery.......... Thanks for intensifying my love for Amazon, but still no cigar lol
I got 32g for £10 delivered. With discount so good really. Same one on amazon £16-£17. So bargain for me.
NotTayyeb

well with CeX I could go in store and ask to test in my phone, and … well with CeX I could go in store and ask to test in my phone, and they'll offer 48 hour refund periods always.... but yeah, I agree that Amazon is usually one of the cheapest, but am just curious if I could get a 128gb for less than £40 lol

Testing in your phone doesn't show it works. I've got a card that will show as 64gb in your phone and PC but anything after the first 2gb will be corrupt and unusable.
Original Poster
dcx_badass

Testing in your phone doesn't show it works. I've got a card that will … Testing in your phone doesn't show it works. I've got a card that will show as 64gb in your phone and PC but anything after the first 2gb will be corrupt and unusable.

​can use apps to analyse the SD card and check if it's actually legit using certain apps... sd insight for example - it'll show me the brand of card, manufacturing date, serial number, true capacity, just generally all sorts
Original Poster
dorey69

I got 32g for £10 delivered. With discount so good really. Same one on … I got 32g for £10 delivered. With discount so good really. Same one on amazon £16-£17. So bargain for me.

for the UHS1 class ones it is generally around £10 for 32gb, £20 for 64gb etc etc
31299409-1d2KC.jpg
Using BDAY14 code. Close enough to £40.
Original Poster
Rid1

Using BDAY14 code. Close enough to £40.

​can get a uhs3 with the same capacity on Amazon for £38
Original Poster
Rid1

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/toshiba-exceria-128gb-micro-sdxc-class-10-u3-90mbs-3789-from-amazon-was-4499-2726627 ?

​yah, that's the one lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants