Groups

looking for a deal with home phone calls?

I'm looking for a deal to make calls from my house phone such as 0845 etc but don't want to pay bt price! Are there any other options cheaper?

9 Comments

If you have no luck, you could use one of these websites to search for an alternative number

weq4u.co.uk/

saynoto0870.com/sea…php
    Edited by: "RossD89" 24th Jan

Yeah I second say no to 0870

Plus net if you are looking to change provider, but generally as above will find an alternative number.

Original Poster

I haven't got a call plan at all ATM so will need even local calls..

And I third SayNoTo0870, in 10 years there has only ever been 3 numbers that I have had to call at "national rate" thanks to that site.

I have standard ADSL with Plusnet.
    Phone line, unlimited BB (17Mb but am getting 20), Anytime calls (0870 and 0845 inc) also including 2000 Mobile minutes for £26.95/month. Just switched from BT after 42 years and saved myself £13/month for a better service. HTH
    Edited by: "getmeone" 24th Jan

You can get a voice line only package (if that is what you are looking for), from Aquiss, line rental is £13 pm and call costs are 5ppm for most landlines and overseas calls, plus NO call connection or termination charges (which BT, PN, TT etc, all add on top of the price per minute - and add up to as much as 60p per call!!)

Their internet packages arent cheap, but they are reliable, and much better at getting Open Reach out to fix faults than BT (or PN, TT etc).

Best of all, no website blocking, as they are too small for the blocking orders to apply (less than 100,000 customers).

Disclaimer, I am a very happy Aquiss customer for VDSL and phone line services, and have been for a number of years.

Original Poster

Bt went down in price to £6.50 so I'm gonna stick with them I think.. thanks guys though x

blobbythin

Bt went down in price to £6.50 so I'm gonna stick with them I think.. … Bt went down in price to £6.50 so I'm gonna stick with them I think.. thanks guys though x

Their share price also went down by 18% today. X) Well done.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?22
      2. What to do?????23
      3. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      4. Good Sim only deals??611

See more discussions