Looking for a decent charger

Posted 8th Sep 2020
Im clueless with these things so please bear with me. I have an iPad (think it's iPad mini, probably 5 years old. I normally use the wife's Apple charger which works fine but she's out all week and taken her charger.

I bought a Lightning cable from.amazon thinking I could just plug that into usb slot on my android charger plug but it doesn't seem to be all that fast and sometimes doesn't charge at all for some reason? Is there a suitable fast plug charger that I can buy to both plug the USB slot of this lightning cable in to charge my iPad as well as charging my Bluetooth headphones? After searching on here, I see there's a 30w charger on Amazon for 16 quid or so, is that what I need please?
Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Five years old probs a 10w charger is needed for it support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210133

Find the exact model it’s in settings I believe go to general then about might be 15w

This is 24W Anker USB Charger 4.8A/24W 2-Port USB Wall Charger and PowerIQ Technology for iPhone XS / XS Max / XR/ iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone X / iPhone 7 / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy Note 5/4, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, LG and More smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/…5NY

This is 12W Anker USB Plug Charger, PowerPort mini Dual Port USB Charger, Super Compact Wall Charger, 2.4A Output for iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6/Plus, iPad Pro/Air 2/Mini 4, and More smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/…YVT

Decide which is best for you, if it’s 10w then the 12w charger will do, highly doubt headphones charging will pull more than 1w, with two devices plugged in it shares the watts
Edited by: "KeyboardKitten" 8th Sep
You'll need something like a 2 amp charger for bigger devices like an iPad.
I've bought several Anker ones as that's a reputable brand. They've been reliable.
Avoid no-names as you want a safe product plugged into your mains.
KeyboardKitten08/09/2020 18:09

Five years old probs a 10w charger is needed for it …Five years old probs a 10w charger is needed for it support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210133Find the exact model it’s in settings I believe go to general then about might be 15wThis is 24W Anker USB Charger 4.8A/24W 2-Port USB Wall Charger and PowerIQ Technology for iPhone XS / XS Max / XR/ iPhone 8 / iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone X / iPhone 7 / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy Note 5/4, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, LG and More https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016LPMFUA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hT7vFbSHKX5NYThis is 12W Anker USB Plug Charger, PowerPort mini Dual Port USB Charger, Super Compact Wall Charger, 2.4A Output for iPhone Xs/XS Max/XR/X/8/7/6/Plus, iPad Pro/Air 2/Mini 4, and More https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X1RW3RL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GR7vFbN0VKYVTDecide which is best for you, if it’s 10w then the 12w charger will do, highly doubt headphones charging will pull more than 1w, with two devices plugged in it shares the watts

Thanks Keyboard kitten, you're right, I've just checked and it's iPad mini 2 so the link shows 12w should be sufficient by the sounds of it although I suppose I could go higher and charge my android phone as well.. Appreciate your help.
Edited by: "davidbrent" 8th Sep
harrythefish08/09/2020 18:10

You'll need something like a 2 amp charger for bigger devices like an …You'll need something like a 2 amp charger for bigger devices like an iPad.I've bought several Anker ones as that's a reputable brand. They've been reliable.Avoid no-names as you want a safe product plugged into your mains.

Thanks Harry, I've had Anker power packs in the past and theyve been great so good shout there, cheers.
Has to be anker, never let me down
IIRC most of the lighting connector devices negotiate power draw over the USB-PD protocol, so your USB power supply needs to support that.

Those that only support other protocols like Qualcomm quick charge will only charge at the standard rate.
I have quite a few of these (and the dual port version) and they work great with all my stuff, can often get a $1 off coupon so they're like £3, but the regular price isn't bad either.
aliexpress.com/ite…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text