Looking for a decent corner sofa that has retracting foot rests

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a decent modern looking corner sofa, ideally it would have a high back to rest your head and also foot rests that pop out when required on a couple of the seats
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
Also looking for one like this in a black/dark grey
Better off just going to different shops and looking.
Personally would not touch SCS just had to return a sofa to them and bought this harveysfurniture.co.uk/brooklyn-rhf-corner-sofa/
from Harveys instead as a manual recliner but not as big (they let you change it around for different price points/sizes).
Sofology when I went in was okay but expensive. They have ones that you can electrically move the headrest back or footrest etc seperately.
DFS is another I wouldn't touch stuff just seems to be tacky/old fashioned compared to Harveys or Sofology.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 31st Dec 2019
Arto31/12/2019 16:03

Also looking for one like this in a black/dark grey

Dark grey is another thing which is a pain in the a**.
Most if not all in leather have brown through them so I'd recommend fabric.
Black is too dark I think for a couch unless you have a lot of black furnishings.
The one I posted above is dark grey and fabric but it does look like leather slightly. You have to double take and it's a smooth fabric.
This is me after having spent 2 weekends going to and from all these shops looking for a fabric dark grey manual recliner that didn't cost the earth and didn't have any brown through it while trying to beat the salespeople off with a stick.
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 31st Dec 2019
Cloeeez31/12/2019 16:12

Dark grey is another thing which is a pain in the a**.Most if not all in …Dark grey is another thing which is a pain in the a**.Most if not all in leather have brown through them so I'd recommend fabric.Black is too dark I think for a couch unless you have a lot of black furnishings.The one I posted above is dark grey and fabric but it does look like leather slightly. You have to double take and it's a smooth fabric.

I don’t want leather I hate the stuff
Cloeeez31/12/2019 16:09

Better off just going to different shops and looking.Personally would not …Better off just going to different shops and looking.Personally would not touch SCS just had to return a sofa to them and bought this harveysfurniture.co.uk/brooklyn-rhf-corner-sofa/from Harveys instead as a manual recliner but not as big (they let you change it around for different price points/sizes).Sofology when I went in was okay but expensive. They have ones that you can electrically move the headrest back or footrest etc seperately.DFS is another I wouldn't touch stuff just seems to be tacky/old fashioned compared to Harveys or Sofology.

Thanks
Does the Sofa from Harvey’s come with a warranty? It looks good.
ravi4701/01/2020 00:31

Thanks Does the Sofa from Harvey’s come with a warranty? It looks good.

39555581.jpg39555581.jpgThat's that specific one in the shop. It's fabric but has leather beading and is manual recliner or electric.
Like most sofas that come in parts - you can add or take away from that for sizing issues. They just manually order things instead but you can't do it online yourself only instore or phone.
harveysfurniture.co.uk/ten-year-product-guarantee/
A quick search and this is all I can find about warranty at the moment but I'm sure if you phoned they would tell you more.

I sound like I work there lol but I just love this sofa and it took me forever to find a sofa I liked
Edited by: "Cloeeez" 1st Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions