Looking for a decent PC for max £600

Posted 7th May
Hi all, I'm new to the site and am looking for some advice please. I'm after a decent PC for around £600. It's mainly for business use so I'd like it to be quick and be able to multi task easily. I'm not much if a gamer so a top end graphics card is not really essential. Pre built needed as I'm clueless with this sort if thing. One that last me a good few years would be an added bonus. Thanks fir your help in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
What software will you be running?
Just usual office stuff etc nothing too extreme or taxing
I would say an ex business refurb would do.
Edited by: "mogsog" 7th May
I like this for your budget,
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml
but of course shop around to see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere and also take a note of the spec to see if there is anything better. Don't forget to factor in software cost, furniture cost, printer/scanner cost, etc
Do you need just the desktop?, everything?, a laptop?
tardytortoise07/05/2020 22:35

I like this for your …I like this for your budget,https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/lenovo-ideacentre-a540-23-8-all-in-one-pc-amd-ryzen-5-1-tb-hdd-black-10203182-pdt.htmlbut of course shop around to see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere and also take a note of the spec to see if there is anything better. Don't forget to factor in software cost, furniture cost, printer/scanner cost, etc

Its basically a laptop taped to a monitor, the cpu is ok but the 5400 drive isn't very good.
tardytortoise07/05/2020 22:35

I like this for your …I like this for your budget,https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/desktop-pcs/desktop-pcs/lenovo-ideacentre-a540-23-8-all-in-one-pc-amd-ryzen-5-1-tb-hdd-black-10203182-pdt.htmlbut of course shop around to see if you can get it cheaper elsewhere and also take a note of the spec to see if there is anything better. Don't forget to factor in software cost, furniture cost, printer/scanner cost, etc

I dont like it. It says all in one but it's not and you have to wonder if it goes wrong does it use off the shelf parts. At least if the op gets a desktop it would be cheap fix (the op asks for something to last) . Also has a slow hard drive in it which personally i would find unusable nowadays. SSD is a must.
m1keyp1key08/05/2020 07:56

I dont like it. It says all in one but it's not and you have to wonder if …I dont like it. It says all in one but it's not and you have to wonder if it goes wrong does it use off the shelf parts. At least if the op gets a desktop it would be cheap fix (the op asks for something to last) . Also has a slow hard drive in it which personally i would find unusable nowadays. SSD is a must.

I go along with all you say. Can you suggest something that meets OP needs?
@sarden84 is the man for this.

In the meantime, take a look here...CCL Computers
Edited by: "OptimusPrimeval" 8th May
Spoken to
OptimusPrimeval08/05/2020 10:02

@sarden84 is the man for this.In the meantime, take a look here...CCL …@sarden84 is the man for this.In the meantime, take a look here...CCL Computers

Thanks pal.

spoken to him last night.

he doesnt ness need to spend £600.. his needs sound suitable for a 3200g.
--- or he can go 2600/1600af / lower gpu then the below.

but if he wanted to spend £600..

posted one thursday, where Palicomp price match one of CCL 1600afs

heres the info:

Name - ******************
CPU AMD Ryzen R5 2600
Mobo ASUS Prime B450M-A
RAM 16GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz
SSD 240GB SATA III £32
Case Cronus Metis
Gfx AMD RX580 8GB
OS None
HDD 1TB Seagate BarraCuda
PSU 500W 80+ Rated PSU (Kolink 500w B PSU)

£575.00

sales@palicomp.co.uk
or call them on 01270 898104

there back open monday.

call them to edit it down, change to 3200g/remove gpu. or keep same cpu and drop gpu down to 710/730/1030
or change case if desired office case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions