Looking for a decent phone without the hefty price tag

Hi all after some advice please. Looking for a decent phone but don't want to pay £££'s, I'm currently using a Samsung Alpha but its on it last legs, am hoping to buy a phone and pick up one of the sim only deals floating about.

16 Comments

This is a hefty price tag phone selfridges.com/GB/…01/

So if you looking for a decent phone with low price tag I suggest galaxy s7 or iphone 6s plus.... in comparison they are cheap as chips....

I hope you see the flaw of your question

Original Poster

Like the look of the Selfridge phone ;-)
Hoping someone will point me in the direction of a deal on Gearbest or alike, am totally clueless with phones

Doogee X5 Pro from Amazon or Bangood & Gear best.
Great phone for the money.
Always makes a regular appearance here.
Edited by: "pvfc247" 2nd Sep 2016

whats your budget?

whats your primary use?

how long do you expect it to last?

Original Poster

Don't really want to spend more than £100-120 will be using for calls, fb, internet, nothing technical and would like it to last 12mths if possible :-)

ewatkin4

Don't really want to spend more than £100-120 will be using for calls, … Don't really want to spend more than £100-120 will be using for calls, fb, internet, nothing technical and would like it to last 12mths if possible :-)

moto g4 is £130 will do all you require
Edited by: "kman0013" 2nd Sep 2016

I'd look at getting a cheap contract with a phone, i pay £10/month, 2gb data, can't remember how many texts or minutes, a Sony C4 (I think) 24months.

if you pay £120 for a phone and £10 sim only, it'll cost £240 for 12 months.

check the comparison sites, mse, etc.

if you're on vodafone, or are willing to source an unlock code, a smart ultra 6 or 7 would probably be good too

The vodafone smart 6/7 are good.
Xiaomi make some high spec budget phones also. The Mi5 is around £230 and is a fair competitor to the galaxy S7 in terms of specs

Original Poster

adamspencer95

if you're on vodafone, or are willing to source an unlock code, a smart … if you're on vodafone, or are willing to source an unlock code, a smart ultra 6 or 7 would probably be good too

How do I get an unlock code??

ewatkin4

How do I get an unlock code??

​if youre already with vodafone you can just request one.

alternatively, use a vodafone sim for 30 days then request one.

or buy one on ebay for usually less than £5

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice,think I will give the Vodafone smart a go

same boat as you OP as OH has smashed the screen of her phone. ideally i want a phone that I can stick a external memory card in. Moto G 4th gen, does it have a memory card slot? I did fancy the vodafone ultra but not sure which one to go for.

Moto g4 or Wileyfox Swift

kman0013

moto g4 is £130 will do all you require

​That.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)46
    2. seller asked for IMEI87
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1925
    4. Advertised on Gumtree33