EXPIRED

Looking for a digital camera

Hi everyone,
I would love a digital camera but as I have never had one before, I have no idea what it is I should be looking for.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Nothing too complicated or expensive, and ideally nice and compact.
Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

18 Comments

Fuji Finepix S5700

Original Poster

raptorcigs;3072893

Fuji Finepix S5700

trust you! It looks big.

my girlfriend (MissRoo) bought a Casio Exlim EX-Z1080 couple of months ago and shes very happy with her purchase

]gadget show

seem to have gone up in price again now though were around £80

bellabonkers;3072905

trust you! It looks big.

I KNOW BUT IT SITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND WITH ROOM TO SPARE IT'S 4 INCH WIDE

Original Poster

fwibble;3072915

my girlfriend (MissRoo) bought a Casio Exlim EX-Z1080 couple of months … my girlfriend (MissRoo) bought a Casio Exlim EX-Z1080 couple of months ago and shes very happy with her purchase]gadget showseem to have gone up in price again now though were around £80

that does look good, a little bit more than i'd want to pay though - or santa since as it's going on his list lol

raptorcigs;3072925

I KNOW BUT IT SITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND WITH ROOM TO SPARE IT'S 4 … I KNOW BUT IT SITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND WITH ROOM TO SPARE IT'S 4 INCH WIDE

don't suppose you have a megaphone for sale do you :giggle:

this is a good starter camera argos.co.uk/sta…htm not that exspensive

Original Poster

bloomingrose247;3072957

this is a good starter camera … this is a good starter camera http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5590522/c_1/1|category_root|Photography|10198049/c_2/2|cat_10198049|Digital%2Bcameras|10198098.htm not that exspensive

yeah that looks nice, but in all honesty other than knowing the more mega pixels the better what spec should I be looking at?

[CENTER]

fwibble;3072945

don't suppose you have a megaphone for sale do you :giggle:

[SIZE=7]NOW YOU MENTION IT![/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]http://www.yes-press.com/yes.intro.jpg[/SIZE][/CENTER]

bellabonkers;3072940

that does look good, a little bit more than i'd want to pay though - or … that does look good, a little bit more than i'd want to pay though - or santa since as it's going on his list lol

Ah its for xmas. Was going to say I was looking at changing my camera so would have my old one for sale it a casio Exilim ex-z4. Its all works but has some scratches on it so not good for a prezzie but ok to use for yourself.

raptorcigs;3073006

[CENTER]NOW YOU MENTION IT!YES

trade you 5 [SIZE="7"]YOWMAAAAAN'S[/SIZE] for it?

bellabonkers;3072978

yeah that looks nice, but in all honesty other than knowing the more mega … yeah that looks nice, but in all honesty other than knowing the more mega pixels the better what spec should I be looking at?

depends on what you are going to be using it for my 10 year old daughter has a 5 mega pixel camera and the pics come out fine but if your looking for a professional look a would aim for more than 8 but you may want to take the zoom into account also
this one isnt to bad neither argos.co.uk/sta…htm

Original Poster

whats the difference betweem optical zoom and digital zoom?

bellabonkers;3073120

whats the difference betweem optical zoom and digital zoom?

optical zoom is better its more clearer

Original Poster

thanks

this should do ya

http://zedomax.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/megapixel_camera.jpg

I think a lot of people have cottoned on to the Fuji refurb' deals ...... get ]THIS (with a 6 month guarantee) while you still can

fwibble;3073045

trade you 5 [SIZE=7]YOWMAAAAAN'S[/SIZE] for it?

6 and a loaf
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?11
    2. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)46
    3. seller asked for IMEI87
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1925

See more discussions