Expired

looking for a double pushchair not side by side....can anyone recommend

8 replies
Found 4th Jan 2015
Looking for a double pushchair suitable for newborn n 3 year old. I was considering using a buggy boardbon my luna but my almost 3 year old is a handful and would rather he be secure than loose when doing the school run....can anyone recommend a compact and possibly lighweight doublr pushchair and any good deals to go with it please?...i will check out gumtree too but need some names and recommendations first. Thank you

1. Ask
  2. Pushchair
8 Comments

I know you have stated not side by side, but I would recommend you at least consider the Mountain Buggy Duet (if you haven't already). it is narrow enough to get through most doors.

mountainbuggy.com/uk/…uet

we bought used from eBay to use with our two.
depends on how tall etc your 3 yr old is.
we sold it just before our eldest turned 3 as preferred to walk (went with a buggy board option as a backup).

Original Poster

newb

I know you have stated not side by side, but I would recommend you at … I know you have stated not side by side, but I would recommend you at least consider the Mountain Buggy Duet (if you haven't already). it is narrow enough to get through most doors.http://mountainbuggy.com/uk/Products/buggies/duetwe bought used from eBay to use with our two.depends on how tall etc your 3 yr old is.we sold it just before our eldest turned 3 as preferred to walk (went with a buggy board option as a backup).

thanks for that will look into it...i dont mind my almost 3 year old walking, we often walk to nursery as im finding it hard walking uphill pushing him in the stroller...hes still not aware of the dangers of traffic etc and with us crossing 2 main roads im worried...my daughter was out her buggy by 3 and i was hoping my son would be out before the new arrival but im not so sure now....i might just take my luna into mothercare and get a buggy board fitted

I had a phil and teds sport double pram for 4 years and although it's not very lightweight it was a fab pram, very well made and easy to push, even easy to push one handed as I had to do as I had 3 kids whilst using it, I only got rid of it a few months ago and bought a baby style oyster max as I had another baby and wanted a new double pram, but the phil and teds was still going strong, I sold mine for £40 on eBay. I bought a buggy board and never used it as like you said I was worried about it coming off while my son was on.

When my youngest was born my oldest was 21 months so we did use a double buggy, an inline one. We only actually used it for the first 6 months or so and when we went on holidays as the heat did knock them out when abroad and we did walk so much.

My youngest has now just turned 3 and as above, last time we used the double was on holiday 5 months ago.

I think it would be a waste of money getting a double.......unless you can get one second hand for £30 or something, but wouldnt spend any more, and would just get a buggy board if you want.

The one we had, a friend gave us it as they bought it new and it was hardly used, it was a Mothercare in line one.
Edited by: "ellie27" 4th Jan 2015

Original Poster

ellie27

When my youngest was born my oldest was 21 months so we did use a double … When my youngest was born my oldest was 21 months so we did use a double buggy, an inline one. We only actually used it for the first 6 months or so and when we went on holidays as the heat did knock them out when abroad and we did walk so much. My youngest has now just turned 3 and as above, last time we used the double was on holiday 5 months ago.I think it would be a waste of money getting a double.......unless you can get one second hand for £30 or something, but wouldnt spend any more, and would just get a buggy board if you want.The one we had, a friend gave us it as they bought it new and it was hardly used, it was a Mothercare in line one.

Thanks for that i was only thinking of using it for first 6 months too...as my son will be older...its only because i have a school run and then at 12 a nursery run and 2 main roads i was thinking more safety wise...ive gt 2 quite steep step outside my front door so lifting the buggy with just the baby in would b a mission too thats why i downsized to a stroller with the first 2.....so much to think about and prepare.....aaaahhhhh cant cope! Think you need to find a boots glitch or deal so i can treat myself!!!!!

samzam

Think you need to find a boots glitch or deal so i can treat myself!!!!!

Did you miss this friday night..... hotukdeals.com/vou…440 got 31 soap and glory products for £6. £3 off soap and glory products and they took £3 off each product, some were buy 1 get 1 half-price, some 3 for 2, essentially on my order I actually only paid for part of 6 items! I made my order then waited til I got my email confirmation, then went back on to try order again but the code was 'invalid' They sussed me out quick on that one!

Original Poster

ellie27

Did you missed this one friday night..... … Did you missed this one friday night..... http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/save-3-when-spend-12-more-soap-glory-using-promotional-code-boots-com-uk-roi-only-2084440#post24016093 got 31 soap and glory products for £6. £3 off soap and glory products and they took £3 off each product, some were buy 1 get 1 half-price, some 3 for 2, essentially on my order I actually only paid for part of 6 items! I made my order then waited til I got my email confirmation, then went back on to try order again but the code was 'invalid' They sussed me out quick on that one!

Oh whaaaaaaatttttt so jealous right now 31 items for 6 quid....i usually get a notification when u post a deal must have missed that one grrrrrr.....brilliant find ☺

samzam

Oh whaaaaaaatttttt so jealous right now 31 items for 6 quid....i usually … Oh whaaaaaaatttttt so jealous right now 31 items for 6 quid....i usually get a notification when u post a deal must have missed that one grrrrrr.....brilliant find ☺

No, I didnt post it as a deal. Someone else posted the promo code that I used, but it was a glitchy code and when I used it on my order it no longer worked. Of course if the code had kept on working I would have posted as a deal on here and everyone on hukd would have cleared Boots out as usual!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions