Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a gaming laptop

Hi,

I am giving myself a headache looking for a laptop, I'm not up on all the latest graphics cards though I have an Idea of when a graphics card looks alright. Looking for a minimum of an i3 processor though an i5 is prefered. Also an HDMI slot is a must.

I have around £450 to spend (maximum of £550 if it is worth it)

I have seen this deal, (hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…89/?page=2#post11127820) but does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

7 Comments

Use the promo code for Alienware. They are the best mass production company for gaming laptops. £300 off code was posted yesturday.

Original Poster

Mp2609

Use the promo code for Alienware. They are the best mass production … Use the promo code for Alienware. They are the best mass production company for gaming laptops. £300 off code was posted yesturday.

Thanks mp2609

I had a look and the 15" laptop would have gone down to £628, although it is £80 over my max budget I was seriously tempted as it is an awesome machine. but the promo code has expired and I can't justify spending £928 on it.

Anyone else have any suggestions? or is the deal I linked to above going to be the best value for money I am likely to find?

Thanks
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 25th Apr 2011

I've got a HP Pavilion DV7 3111EA, which I got new at Christmas for around £500. I'd highly recommend it, or anything else in the Pavilion series (my last laptop was a Pavilion DV9000 and was also great, until I wanted to get something faster). Awesome spec for the price - it's got an Intel i7 720QM CPU, which is a quad-core processor, ostensibly clocked at 1.6ghz but automatically overclocks itself as required up to 2.8ghz. So if you're just browsing the net, it idles along, saving power and keeping the computer cool, but if you start a game it will speed up to match. It's also got 4gb RAM, a 500gb 7200rpm SATA2 hard drive, nvidia GT230M graphics with 1gb dedicated RAM and a 17" LED screen. I've been playing Crysis 2 on it smoothly.

So, yeah, check out some HP Pavilion laptops. The latest ones are the DV5, DV6, DV7 and DV8 series (the numbers there just refer to different screen sizes, eg. DV7s have 17" screens, then there are various different specs within each series).

Original Poster

reddragon105

I've got a HP Pavilion DV7 3111EA, which I got new at Christmas for … I've got a HP Pavilion DV7 3111EA, which I got new at Christmas for around £500. I'd highly recommend it, or anything else in the Pavilion series (my last laptop was a Pavilion DV9000 and was also great, until I wanted to get something faster). Awesome spec for the price - it's got an Intel i7 720QM CPU, which is a quad-core processor, ostensibly clocked at 1.6ghz but automatically overclocks itself as required up to 2.8ghz. So if you're just browsing the net, it idles along, saving power and keeping the computer cool, but if you start a game it will speed up to match. It's also got 4gb RAM, a 500gb 7200rpm SATA2 hard drive, nvidia GT230M graphics with 1gb dedicated RAM and a 17" LED screen. I've been playing Crysis 2 on it smoothly.So, yeah, check out some HP Pavilion laptops. The latest ones are the DV5, DV6, DV7 and DV8 series (the numbers there just refer to different screen sizes, eg. DV7s have 17" screens, then there are various different specs within each series).

An i7 processor and dedicated graphics laptop for around 500. wow amazing deal.
    Where did you get that from?

jonny619447

An i7 processor and dedicated graphics laptop for around 500. wow amazing … An i7 processor and dedicated graphics laptop for around 500. wow amazing deal.Where did you get that from?

PC World. I think they'd reduced them, because it's one of the older style DV7s (black plastic with the swirly patterns on it) which have been phased out to make way for the aluminium DV7s that kind of look like Macbooks. But yeah, I know I got a great deal, I'm very happy with it.

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
    Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 740QM (1.73 Ghz, 6MB, 4C) (auto overclocks to 2.8ghz+)
    15.6 High Definition WLED TL (1366x768) 720p
    4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
    8x DVD+/-RW Optical Drive
    500GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
    2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M Graphics Card
    Over 6month warrently left.
    Perfect condition.

£600.

Edit: its XPS15
    Edited by: "JonnyDixon1990" 26th Apr 2011

Original Poster

JonnyDixon1990

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, EnglishIntel® Core™ i7 Processor 7 … Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, EnglishIntel® Core™ i7 Processor 740QM (1.73 Ghz, 6MB, 4C) (auto overclocks to 2.8ghz+)15.6 High Definition WLED TL (1366x768) 720p4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]8x DVD+/-RW Optical Drive500GB (7,200rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 435M Graphics CardOver 6month warrently left.Perfect condition.£600.Edit: its XPS15

Too far to travel to exchange goods for cash. Thanks anyway though
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone x42
      2. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?914
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay44
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save35

See more discussions