looking for a garage/shed consumer unit.

Found 16th Mar
This is the one I am told I need.
screwfix.com/p/b…26g

But I am looking for a cheaper one that does the same...

Any help would be appreciated...
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments
Suggest you ask your electrician, or, better still, let them supply it. You will have warranty and anyone living n the house will have the peace of mind that they will not be incinerated in a house fire. This is a piece of kit for a part P electrician, not an amateur and requires notification to the Council Building Regs dept that it has been tested. Like others have found on here, buying cheap parts can simply result in a high cost for labour. In the event of an insurance claim, you may even find you are not covered.
Van19731 h, 11 m ago

What about this https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p24537?table=no at £26.35

Really need to get me one of them.......

At the moment my shed has sockets/lights wired through a single 32a MCB. Not sure why the previous dic..... owner did that as theres a 6a MCB there as well doing sod all.
Shengis6 m ago

Really need to get me one of them.......At the moment my shed has …Really need to get me one of them.......At the moment my shed has sockets/lights wired through a single 32a MCB. Not sure why the previous dic..... owner did that as theres a 6a MCB there as well doing sod all.

I guess that your garage will be supplied by a 2.5 twin & earth radial cable on a 16/20A MCB - I'd look at downrating the 32A MCB to something matching the supply.
Van197311 m ago

I guess that your garage will be supplied by a 2.5 twin & earth radial …I guess that your garage will be supplied by a 2.5 twin & earth radial cable on a 16/20A MCB - I'd look at downrating the 32A MCB to something matching the supply.

4mm SWA I think. But yes, it would probably trip in the house long before the shed.
Original Poster
Van197316th Mar

What about this https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p24537?table=no at £26.35

I only want a 40a one, this is 63a.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants