Groups
    EXPIRED

Looking for a good air conditioning unit, any ideas?

It just gets too hot in my loft over the summer months for fans to make any difference.

Can anyone point out a good but also cheap air conditioning unit. I dont really want to be spending over the odds. My budget would be around £100.

The cheaper the better ;-)

Thanks to any replies.

8 Comments

Banned

http://thebsreport.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/hand_fan.jpg;-)

Original Poster

lol not quite what i had in mind but if it does the job ;-)

I bought one a few years ago the eletric bill went sky high and it was " A " Rated Be warned got it out of argos for around £150

The fans in alot of them are very noisey too!

Banned

as an example cnmonline.co.uk/pro…gle

3.2Kw :lol: :lol: like having a convector heater on full blast oh well

Local City electrical ( CEF ) had 2 @ £75 each and a pile of desk/tower fans @£4 each today, try your luck.

do these ac units need a seperate socket to draw power from? or are they ok on a extension socket?

Banned

boco77;5381021

do these ac units need a seperate socket to draw power from? or are they … do these ac units need a seperate socket to draw power from? or are they ok on a extension socket?

It has a normal plug, so you can plug it on a extension, but needs to be near a window as you have to stick the hose out the window.

Homebase have a sale at the moment (it might finish tomorrw) and air conditioning units are half price.
    (I have had a couple now for several years and they are brilliant - just don't over use it or the leccy bill will be high. Just on really hot days!)

Rgds

Robert
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7041337
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1840
      3. Forza Motorsport 7 Demo goes live on Xbox One and PC (6pm - 19/09)67
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767163

See more discussions