Expired

looking for a good all rounder laptop under £400

9 replies
Found 5th Sep 2008
hi, I'm after a new laptop, something for general internet browsing, typing docs, downloading tracks, watching youtube vids as well as playing sims.

Main criteria is: good battery life, excellent wifi sensitivity, and something that's going to last me a few years, so a laptop with a litle bit of futureproofing in it. - all for under £400

I'd thought about:

play.com/PC/…D9T

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx

amazon.co.uk/Ace…235

I really don't know much about laptops at all. Are any of these a good buy and if so which is best or is there another system out there for under £400 better? Any advice at all is appreciated!

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
9 Comments

direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx
I'd say this is better, better service and support and better build quality, plus you may get a little cashback thru quidco

I just do not get it.
Since when Dell offers ''better service and support and better build quality'' than Sony? Pentium Dual Core for £370 from Dell it's a good deal? Come on...

Any laptop below is faster, better equipped and 'futureproofing' :

]1
]2
]3
]4

7777777;2900595

I just do not get it. Since when Dell offers ''better service and … I just do not get it. Since when Dell offers ''better service and support and better build quality'' than Sony? Pentium Dual Core for £370 from Dell it's a good deal? Come on...Any laptop below is faster, better equipped and 'futureproofing' :

1. That's debatable, they both offer good support, I was really referring to the acers, I'd forgotten about the Sony offer

2. No need to get huffity, it's not a personal insult is it? just a suggestion posted in good faith

AugQX;2900810

1. That's debatable, they both offer good support, I was really referring … 1. That's debatable, they both offer good support, I was really referring to the acers, I'd forgotten about the Sony offer2. No need to get huffity, it's not a personal insult is it? just a suggestion posted in good faith

Yep, sorry about that.I just unintentionally taken you for one of the Dell followers

Original Poster

:oops: shamelessly bumping, as I want to ask:

Between the Sony Vaio NR32 and the Acer Aspire 5920 #1 and #3 respectively in my original post - which one is better?

Note: I'm attracted to the Sony simply because it's a Sony, but I like the 3 hr battery time listed for the Acer 5920

zbgr200a;2903051

:oops: shamelessly bumping, as I want to ask: Between the Sony Vaio NR32 … :oops: shamelessly bumping, as I want to ask: Between the Sony Vaio NR32 and the Acer Aspire 5920 #1 and #3 respectively in my original post - which one is better?Note: I'm attracted to the Sony simply because it's a Sony, but I like the 3 hr battery time listed for the Acer 5920

If you want an acer (read around their customer service is not the best) I'd get this for the same price acerdirect.co.uk/Ace…asp It has a faster processor (the T7300 is a very good Core 2 processor) although the hard disk is not as big, 120GB is still plenty unless you have a collection of several hundred video files

I've just been on the Sony site and they state battery life of around 3 hrs for that model, so battery life will be fairly similar, although the acer may be a little quicker (and much quicker on the one I linked to) the sony may have a slightly better screen and be a little stronger in construction

Original Poster

thanks so much for info/opinion AugQX . Appreciate it.

don't forget to rep me (if you want to that is!) click the scales next to my user picture

Original Poster

done :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition68745
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…22
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions