EXPIRED

looking for a good new psp deal

hey guys looking for a new psp for my sons xmas..obviously looking for the best price,do any psp owners think i should hang on and get the new psp 3000 at the end of october or should i just go ahead anf buy a psp slim now,is there that big a difference,also i know the new psp cant be hacked with cfw...is cfw that good a thing to have and is it enough to make me buy a slim and lite

8 Comments

i have a psp lite in black brand new played once boxed with everything will sell to you for £95 delivered , will also consider offers , i was just about to put it on forsale.

Slim n lite can be hacked with CFW, psp 3000 (with slightly brighter screen) isn't out yet, i'm waiting to see if it can be downgraded with Pandora...

Original Poster

Flodd;3090818

Slim n lite can be hacked with CFW, psp 3000 (with slightly brighter … Slim n lite can be hacked with CFW, psp 3000 (with slightly brighter screen) isn't out yet, i'm waiting to see if it can be downgraded with Pandora...

i have done alittle research on this and seemingly it cant be hacked with pandora because they no longer use the battery option whenthey repair it using service mode,i mean they no longer use a battery to put the psp 3000 into service mode

stephen25uk;3091368

i have done alittle research on this and seemingly it cant be hacked with … i have done alittle research on this and seemingly it cant be hacked with pandora because they no longer use the battery option whenthey repair it using service mode,i mean they no longer use a battery to put the psp 3000 into service mode

Oh... nadgers...

I'll have to keep my phat one for games and have a 3000 for watching movies in daylight...

personally i wouldnt mess with firmware and stuff - i just buy the games. but im not selling my white slim psp for the new one, as i see no real benefits.

have you forgotten the homebrew community stingersplash? :-D

Following a post in Hot UK Deals 2 weeks ago I bought myself a pink PSP1000 from Curry's in Telford for £49.95. Pink PSPs are no longer available in Telford but are still available in Coventry (2 in stock) and Selly Oak (1 in stock).

When I bought my Pink PSP in Telford I was told that 3 months earlier Telford had also had white PSPs in their sale. On Saturday I bought a game at Currys in Shrewsbury and told them that I was disappointed that I had missed white PSPs.

The member of staff then told me that there were still plenty of white PSP1000s on sale in the Midlands for £69.95. They gave me a list of stores that still had white PSP1000s in stock. This list included:

Stoke on Trent stock 3
Stoke on Trent Festival Park stock 2
Stafford MK/PL stock 2
Birmingham Highgate stock 2
Evesham stock 1
Banbury stock 1

I rushed across to Stafford and bought one of the two white PSP1000s for £69.95. I discovered that the white PSP was a basic model. The pink model had been a standard model. This meant that I got no free ear phones or memory card with my new white PSP. However this did not matter to me because last week I bought a 1 Gb memory card for £4.19 from 7dayshop.com and so had a spare card.

I now have a PSP1000 that my son is prepared to play in public

A tip that I would like to give all readers is not to take any notice of what you are told on the Curry's help line. Mail order PSP1000s are £99 from Currys. Fortunately PSP1000s are very much cheaper in store.

Banned

PaulHM;3244220

Following a post in Hot UK Deals 2 weeks ago I bought myself a pink … Following a post in Hot UK Deals 2 weeks ago I bought myself a pink PSP1000 from Curry's in Telford for £49.95. Pink PSPs are no longer available in Telford but are still available in Coventry (2 in stock) and Selly Oak (1 in stock).When I bought my Pink PSP in Telford I was told that 3 months earlier Telford had also had white PSPs in their sale. On Saturday I bought a game at Currys in Shrewsbury and told them that I was disappointed that I had missed white PSPs.The member of staff then told me that there were still plenty of white PSP1000s on sale in the Midlands for £69.95. They gave me a list of stores that still had white PSP1000s in stock. This list included:Stoke on Trent stock 3Stoke on Trent Festival Park stock 2Stafford MK/PL stock 2Birmingham Highgate stock 2Evesham stock 1Banbury stock 1I rushed across to Stafford and bought one of the two white PSP1000s for £69.95. I discovered that the white PSP was a basic model. The pink model had been a standard model. This meant that I got no free ear phones or memory card with my new white PSP. However this did not matter to me because last week I bought a 1 Gb memory card for £4.19 from 7dayshop.com and so had a spare card.I now have a PSP1000 that my son is prepared to play in public :)A tip that I would like to give all readers is not to take any notice of what you are told on the Curry's help line. Mail order PSP1000s are £99 from Currys. Fortunately PSP1000s are very much cheaper in store.

You've been so lucky! When ever i have asked over the phone or instore i'm told they have no stock. Maybe i'm not destined to get a psp phat!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. cats and royal canin biscuits68
    2. Acer RT280k Monitor refuses to sleep.69
    3. Iptv89
    4. Remortgaging to pay off debt56

See more discussions